Chapter 4:Business Date

It was the fourth time she was straightening her royal blue sophisticated dress with a sweetheart shaped neckline. It was a business dress and deep down she knew she was dressing up for Nicholas. She did not want to accept it because that would be beyond embarrassing but after he had ordered her yesterday she knew he meant business and he looked like one who would not mind to keep his word. She sighed then left for work after she had done some few touches of her make up then slipped into her louboutins, pulled a dark blazer on and the day begun.

She had been busy the wee hours of the morning that she was oblivious of the growing midday sun. She had been going over the contracts and the various documents for the merger. She was torn between falling prey to Nicholas plead and throwing herself to the wolves. She just needed a break to ease the throbbing head. She was even considering of referring him to another company because she knew working with Nicholas would lead to a dead end especially when she was having a lot of inappropriate thoughts of him.

She needed to terminate it as soon as the idea had been suggested to her. It was the first merger and by the look of it there were power hungry individuals among the lot. The likes of James. He did not strike her as someone who would sit and obey orders especially when they came from a woman. He had showed his distaste in women in there mere hours they had met and it irked her a lot that Nicholas had even entertained the idea of him being present in the meeting.

The idea of ever working with James sent an unpleasant chill down her spine. There was just something about him that sent her on edge. He did not possess the cool and dangerous demeanour that Nicholas held. Where Nicholas' was alluring James' was cunning and always calculating and she warned herself before hand of his misgivings. If she were to do Nicholas this favour now that she was considering she would collect soon in the future. That will be after a long consultation with the board members and her lawyer.

She called for coffee from her assistant then trod slowly to the adjacent sofas. She needed a rest and taking her brain in an overdrive was not helping the situation. She took her seat then removed her shoes and propped her feet in the seat before she took some of the documents with her and went back to work. There was a commotion outside her office and she was about to go find out when her office door burst open and the silhouette figure of Nicholas stood in the door way.

She was taken back because she was not expecting him that soon after all it was... She glanced at her watch and was shocked to see it was already one. She shook her head after the shock then focused her eyes on her ranting assistant trailing behind a very angry Nicholas. She dismissed her then after she had left she brought her focus to him.

"Mr. Mbugua what a pleasant surprise! Did not expect you here." She stated matter of factly.

He did not seem pleased at all. He huffed before he answered. " We had lunch together and if we do not hurry we will be late." He gathered himself before he slipped his hands in his pocket, a habit that she really liked in men. She smiled.

"Oh! about that am not going. As you can see I have a lot on my plate and since I was not made aware of any plans prior I think am gonna work in." She flushed him one of her smiles. She was getting back at him for his rude departure yesterday. He had not requested nor waited for an answer. She would gladly re-educate him. He fumed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Serves him right for ordering her around.

"You will get up this minute before I start a fracas. Now you don't want me doing that do you?" She was surprised at first before she chuckled lightly then eased her legs down slightly leaving a great part of her thighs out for a show then stood and put on her heels. He did not miss that little act and found himself wondering how they would feel in his hands.