Chapter 6: Theatre Time

It was weekend the best time that Alia selfishly wanted to keep and spend it uninterrupted with her kids. It was a day she had nick named it as "mummy's daughter day". Although ever since her first born hit puberty she has been having quite a hard time convincing her to spend more and more time with her. She nowadays wants to spend time with her friends and Alia understood that because it is all part of growing up. She only prayed and hoped that she was keeping a good company at best.

She was just twelve and teen ages can be quite hectic especially when it involved all the changes in a girl she just hoped she would forever be her innocent baby like always. She was seated at their crystal white glass dining table having their breakfast as a family when a beep on Andrew's phone was heard. He scanned over the message then smiled broadly.

It was quite feasting. Only the clanging of the forks on the plates were heard with the servants occasionally filling their empties. Even little Charlotte was quite today. She was not inquisitive like she normally is. She was the only one who always seemed to really love spending time with her mother. Lisa seemed to always have some reservations a trait that came from both parents but became dominant on her. She loved her space more unlike Charlotte who would sneak up on her mother while working late at night then insist on sleeping on the couch in the study while she worked.

Alia still loved her two princesses equally no matter what. She always prayed that the creator of all universe to protect them from all the miseries that life will always offer. That is why she hired them a chauffeur to chaperone them whenever they went. They are not your regular chauffeur they were trained on how to cope with certain situations.

They were more like bodyguards and after much reasoning Andrew had accepted it. The only rule was they were to stay in the shadows when they are not chaperoning only make appearances when real danger is lurking around. She smiled at how big they have grown. And how beautiful they always turned, every minute with them was like a last. She would always make the best out of it before they decided it was time to walk away from home. She then turned to Andrew who was smiling broadly and wondered what would be so nice on a Saturday morning to up his spirits than her mere presence.

"You are beaming a lot today, husband." it was more of a statement since she was nonchalant about it. She then took a sip of her wine. Yep that early in the morning and she was having her glass. It was what was meant by being a CEO and having a not supportive husband who always thought you were competing for power at home despite competing in the industry. It was never easy. It was a house full of drama even though they were able to put on a charade in front of the kids she knew Lisa was grown enough and could pick up on some things. She really tried to be that good wife and parent but Andrew seemed to be pulling her threads.

"why would I not wife? I finally got the deal closed thanks to Stephanie and of course you my dear. If you had not brought that folder on time that day my company would be falling apart. I hear your acquisition was a success despite the last minute changes so congratulations." he said with a smug face.

She force a smile on her face and chose to ignore the mentioning of the slutty secretary. Before she answered, " Well thank you for that. It was much needed."

"I hear you are warming up to your new partner. Should I be worried?"

she could not believe the nerve he had. She threw him that look that said 'Don't start with me'

"Okay okay am sorry was messing up with you. Any plans for today?" he said raising up his hands in mock surrender.

"Yes I do. It is my day with these two cute ones." She smiled as she looked at the kids.

"Can daddy join in?" he asked and had not completed it when he was interrupted.

"Noooooo" Charlotte screamed. She dropped her fork and pulled her defiant face that made Alia burst out laughing.