Chapter 5: Closing the Deal

It had been four days since she last saw Nicholas. She was avoiding him since the incidence in her office. She had been working closely with his lawyer on the merger. She had insisted on it for her peace of mind but he would be present on the final preparations to finalise the deal and today was the final day. She was anxious. She did not know what to do or say.

A part of her was happy that she would see him since he refused to leave her brain and another part of her a small part felt like it was cheating on both their partners. Yes she had him investigated. He had quite a beautiful wife and two children that were older than her kids so she would bet he was the age of Andrew. There was something about him that drew her in that she kept on forgetting she was married. He was her sin her greatest sin of all time.

She knew once she commits into whatever lust that was coursing throughout her body she would be committing an eternal sin. She used to be a strong believer and once upon a time she had strictly followed the ten commandments. She had even preserved herself for marriage then lust came along and she fell prey. Then along the way a past that would never be forgotten played the key role into who she had become. She rubbed the scar on her wrist in her left arm that was always constantly hidden by a bracelet of the Kenyan flag pattern.

One would think it was a sign of patriotism but she knew better it was way more than the face could reveal. Some of the things that refused to go away no matter how much she tried to bury them. It was hard at first but later she was able to suppress the memory and was somehow able to live past it. She had grown to be this woman that looks past the pain and she became an optimist. Once upon a time she was a very cynical person that saw everything as dismal even the mundane things that human did irritated her. It took great effort for her becoming.

Then came Nicholas who just tornado ed himself in her life and was not giving her a break. He never asked for her permission. She smiled. It was what she has been doing lately whenever he made contact with her brain. She liked his qualities of being a boss and that begged the question why is the company falling apart if the CEO is portraying qualities of a good leader?

He was good at swaying people or the board and getting things done so what was the real deal when it came to his leadership? She did not want to speculate she wanted to know more, no one needs telling something fishy was cooking and if she was not careful it would soon catch up with her. Earlier on she had no idea who Nicholas was because she realised he did not like dealing with the public and the media unlike her husband. Nicholas would send his vice on many occasions to close deals on his behalf.

He mostly worked as a silent partner until recently that he had to come out from behind the scenes to save his company. She wanted to think that could be the reason why the company is failing but thought against it. She had no idea why she had agreed on merging in the first place. Yet deep down she knew it was because of her selfish desires. She had never mixed business with pleasure but when it came to Nicholas she was walking in blindly. Maybe it had to do with the fact that without telling him she had been eyeing some of the resources that came with Heel-bourne assets.

He had something that she needed but she would never tell him that. She had made sure it was drafted in the documents to be signed. After all they were combining forces and resources. The other thing that came with the merger deal was the fact that they had agreed she maintains the name of her company with her as the head. She knew that would prove to be a problem since the share holders will be many it will dilute the votes. She still did not understand why she was getting herself into the deep waters.

She knew as the head she had to make the decision and there was no backing out now. Since the board members on both sides had agreed and there was a promise of profitability. Her company's liquidity and financial health were doing so good and the board had agreed to back her up since they had delegated clearly their terms to the merger. She knew business was all about risks and as a CEO she had to be a good strategist and for that to happen she had to thoroughly read through the document before she led them into a cliff. That is when she saw it.