Chapter 14: Secret Meeting

26 years ago

The little girl skipped happily towards the small kitchen in the office building to fetch some juice. She smiled broadly because she had finally convinced her father that she was responsible enough to fetch her own drink. She had her hair in pig tails and her uniform was a bit dishevelled from playing at school. She was supposed to be at home but apparently her chauffeur was ill that mandated her dad to play driver and fetch her from school. He had left for a conference call and made her promise to not misbehave and be good girl after she get the drink to go back to his office. The little girl felt giddy being in such a building. She had always looked up to her father she wanted to be like him to have what he had. He was her role model that is why when he said he had a call she was willing to accompany him to the meeting but made a deal of either she tag along or he let her make her drink. He chose the later. As she skipped happily to the small kitchen she heard some muffed sounds. As she got closer it felt like the individuals on the other side were arguing. It piqued her interest. She got closer. Now the sound became a little clearer but she could not get a word out of it. Luckily for her the door had been left a little open and some lights penetrated through. It was the wee hours of the night. Many of the employees had gone home. She had actually thought that it was just them,her, her father and his secretary.

"everything will blow out of proportion if we rush it Edward. Just listen to me. This process needs to be gradual but eventually we will achieve our goal." One of the figures inside the office stated.

She peeked through and saw two gents arguing. One was a bit old in his forties and the other one was maybe in his late twenties.

"Taking things slow will not make us rich and you know it. Martin has already signed the contract so either we push it or we stay poor. Don't you want to avenge your heart. He took your wife Elizabeth. She chose him not you. We are the ones who are having to tiptoe around something we helped him build. It should not be a secret meeting it should be us in the board not him."

The little girl was taken by surprise what did her parents have anything to do with what they were talking about? Unless they were talking about different people. Her parents had warned her over and over to never eavesdrop especially when grown ups were talking. One of them even mentioned a secret meeting but it was not her business. She was about to go her way when she heard.

"Don't you see they even have another kid despite the first passing. We were sloppy the first time now they are living a happy ever after with that daughter of theirs Alia is it?" the older man continued.

Why was she in the conversation? Did she really have another sibling?

"I understand I will do right by the creed. So how do we proceed?" the young male asked.

"The deportation files are well underway we just need to find a loophole in the company. Alex is not giving me much but I need the cash. Or maybe we don't necessarily need to steal the cash we just need to replace Martin. He is in a meeting right?" The young man nodded.

"Now make sure we get more than fifty percentage vote because he is only controlling forty. He was dumb enough to sell the rest to Ashford. Then we can convince the board of new management. Edward said.

Were they planning to overthrow her father? She had no idea what they were talking about but from the things her dad had taught her she knew a little of what they were talking about. Her father was glooming her to be the future CEO as early as seven and they were planning to harm him? What was this deportation thing they were talking about? She had to warn him. She was about to make that secret exit when she accidentally tripped on the flower vase. She knew they heard her and it was too late so she broke to a run as the young guy ran after her. She now looked into his eyes and the anger that simmered in them told her she would not survive. She was running for dear life. He kept chasing and eventually caught up with her. Everything was happening so fast until he rammed her head on an office desk everything went black.