Chapter 15

Kathlyn

Three Days Until Wedding

Tonight is the night we—mostly Aspen—have all been patiently awaiting: My supposedly amazing bachelorette party. The one thing I can only hope masks all the previous bitterness.

The morning consisted of paraffin mani-pedis, crêpes for breakfast with mimosas for brunch. My body was well rested and tension free because yesterday, after cake tasting, Aspen snagged me for another spa/massage session, but I was still mentally stressed.

She brought us back to the hotel and I walked into a very cutely decorated version of Ashlyn and Evelyn's hotel suite. I couldn't help but to laugh at the Same Penis Forever! banner they'd strung up on the wall.

There were pink and gold glitter champagne-bottle-shaped balloons kissing the ceiling and one silver one in the shape of a wedding ring that sat on the love seat that was sprinkled with gold confetti. Beside it was a gold box wearing a pink thong, a box of Prosecco Pong, a bottle of Bitch Vodka and a picture frame. I picked it up in my hands. They peppered lipstick kiss prints around a few cute polaroids of the girls and in Ashlyn's writing, it reads, Kiss The Miss Goodbye! "You guys!"

I hear them giggle as I continue scoping the room. I notice four silk robes laid over the table. Three pink and one white. The kitchen counter had been draped with pink table cloth, more gold confetti and more pink, plastic flower vines. I'm sensing a theme here. Every food item is shaped like, a penis. Chocolate dipped strawberry and banana kabobs that had been skewed in a way that resembled the male organ, as well as the two-tier of cake pops, and macaroons. There were also four Champagne glasses, filled with a pink drink with pink cotton-candy floating over the liquid by their rims, a little bowl of Rosé soaked gummy bears, and a pink ice bucket that chilled three bottles of champagne. The ice cubes were frozen with flowers inside of them, so that was a cute touch.

Basically, Aspen set this up with anything and everything that would result in me being scraped up from the floor later.

"Open the box, open the box!" They chant until I hop over to the couch and snatch the pink panties off the box. Inside was, more panties. They had words on the back. A pair of cheeky, white ones read, Things To Do: James. The second pair are black and read, Kat-Voyeur. I laughed a little too hard at them and it instantly brought Simon to mind. The thought of him was sort of nice. I was a big confused mess.

I gasped when I pulled out a Tiffany's box. There was a beautiful bracelet inside and I went to put in on immediately.

"It's from all of us," Aspen says. "We love you and we are just so excited for you and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, we're all a bunch of jealous bitches who hope to be in your position some day."

Ashlyn grins at me, leaning her head on the coffee table as I try not to be a big blubbering idiot. This was all so cute and thoughtful. It made me feel good. This may be the one thing that restores my faith in this wedding, just feeling supported and loved by everyone who matters.

We spent the better part of the evening dancing around in our robes, which I later found out said our names on the back. We played games, squirted each other with our penis-water guns that Aspen packed into goody bags along with little packs of penis mints and tiny bottles of 'after strip club' hand sanitizer, which obviously sparked the proposal I'd been waiting on all night.

"Are you sure you don't want to be a cliché and let a bunch of male strippers harass you all night?" Aspen stares at me, almost pleading.

"I'm sure." If Ashlyn wasn't here, I'd probably be more on board, but I know how awkward she can be at things like that. Plus, I just wasn't really in the mood to have a bunch of sweaty men in g-strings flick their cocks in my face. I'll save that for Aspen's bachelorette party.