Chapter 1

Kathlyn

"We are going to have so much fun. You have no idea—all the hard work I'm putting into your bachelorette party—" says Aspen on the other line, her voice breaking up and prompting my frown as I struggle to hear her.

I wheel two luggage bags behind me, my phone wedged in between my cheek and shoulder, and still I manage to find the smallest twinge of energy to smile.

But I should be smiling. I mean, I am only hours away from embarking on a whole new life.

A life where I'm in love with someone who will reciprocate the feeling to the exact same degree. A life that I can spend doing what I love with the person I love.

The past two years I've lead a fast life.

I'm a professional traveler, you could say—It's not something I thought could actually be a career, but thank God for the internet and everyone's obsession with watching others live a life they only could dream to.

I'm exhausted—hence my favorite crew socks on my feet, (the ones with Los Angeles written around the ankles in a pretty cursive font) inside a pair of almost worn out fuzzy slides, paired with a black matching velvet tracksuit. It was either that or the slouchy matching peach sweat set. I could barely decide. Almost all of my wardrobe was comped in exchange for promotional work I'd done. I had tons to choose from.

My previous week was full of sponsored events. One in Bali for a boutique collaboration I'd been working on, a few appearances at some businesses I was paid to include in an upcoming video blog, and the other was merely a part of my very own business venture I'd recently launched, KVoyage brand. It mostly consists of pastel colored fitness wear—like sweatpants, shorts, and sports bras—but it's really taken off since it's began.

I really couldn't be any happier about my life than I am now.

I mean how many twenty-five year olds can say they have their own soaring business?

"I'm sure, I'm sure." I snicker, eyes panning across the building for a sign of where I should be heading. It doesn't make it any easier when she's talking a mile a minute in my ear. "But hey, don't tell me anymore about it. I want to be surprised."

Aspen squeaks and I wince from the sharp shrill that pierces my ear. "Okay! Well, you've got a plane to catch. I'll see you soon."

"Alright, I'll call you as soon as I'm off."

I stop in the middle of the walkway. There's an equal mix of business suits and women in crop tops and space buns passing me by.

Strange shoulders brush against me as I end the call, noticing the grip of notifications pop up on my screen before I can even lock and shove it in my pocket.

ASSpen: I know you're busy but answer your phone bitch!

Old, I think as I swipe it away.

Mr. Bailey: Can't wait till you're here, babe.

Ev: LA is freakin lit! Hurry the fuck up. Aspen won't let us leave the hotel until you're here.

Baby Ash: What time will you be here?

Marla (Manager): Enjoy your break from me and have a safe flight, girly.

I only send a few quick and short replies, just letting everyone know I'll be taking flight soon.

My wedding is in exactly two weeks and the stress I am under is only expanding the more I think about it.