Prologue - Please Leave A Message After The Beep

Beep. 

"Hey, haven't seen you in a while. I just wanted to know that you're okay."

Sigh.

"I'm crazy for doing this, I know. I'm probably just talking to myself."

Pause.

"I don't care. I don't care that you got cancer, I don't care that you're dead, I don't care that I'm about to be married, I still love you. And I always will. Jared Finnegan.. you're my one and only. I'm.. I guess I'm doing this because I need some sort of leverage on the whole situation. Remember when we first met? Ha, I was the life of that party, but I couldn't help but be happy you took me out of there. That cafe.. that was the best 'date' I've ever been on. "Hey There, Delilah". That was our song, remember? You would play that on your guitar, always.."

Pause.

"Life took a downward spiral since you've been gone. I always fight with Robbie, now, and.. I've lost a few friends. But I'm stronger now. Heaven gained an angel, huh? And.. I've over all of this. I'm over you. That sounds terrible.. but it's for.. it's for my own good. And I've moved on."

Pause.

"Just-just remember that you'll always be my one and only, okay? Together forever, never apart. Maybe in distance, but never at heart. No matter what. I still love you."

Pause.

"Jared, I still love you. But I need you to know why I love someone else."