Chapter Twenty-Six ; Unite, Finally

"Run into the light,

Get out of your own way.

Not afraid to fight,

Believe in what you say.

I'll hold on till the night.

Hanging by a thread,

I'm not scared to let go.

Thoughts inside your head,

That creep up to get you.

I believe this is right,

So I'll hold on til the night."

Greyson Chance filled my ears, grey skies and rainy clouds filling my vision. I was only an hour and and half away from being with Harry.

I was bored out of my mind, so I decided to check Facebook for the first time in two months. I nearly choked when I saw how many friend requests I had, let alone how many messages I've recieved. I guess that's what happens when you get to be on the news.

The first message I had was from Miles.

Miles: Hey are you okay?

Me: I'm fine. Why?

He answered almost immediatly after:

Miles: I don't know. I miss you already.

I squinted at the screen. I've only really talked to him for, like, a day. Unless.. unless he liked me. Shit. That complicates things. Then again, I could be overreacting as I tend to do. He did kiss me, though..

That was another secret I would have to keep. I hated secrets, especially keeping them from the ones I cared about. Cough, Harry, cough. But it was a friendship kiss. No feelings. Right?

I didn't reply to his message. There was no way I could possibly come up with a reply.

I scrolled through the other messages, mostly hate mail for kissing Harry and whatnot, a couple kiss-ups from people at school, and that was mostly it. After that, I decided to delete my account. That's what everyone else did, anyway, and it seemed to save them a lot of trouble. I didn't use it, anyway, so there was no point.

I tapped my foot to the beat of Another One Bites The Dust by Queen, impatient to get off of the plane. I wanted to feel his warmth, tug at his curls, smell his cologne-

"What are you humming?"

My eyes flickered to the little girl sitting next to me. I didn't realize I was humming "Oh, sorry. Just a song."

"What song?"

"Another One Bites The Dust."

"Is that by Queen?"

I gave her a look of astonishment. "How'd you know?"

She smiled up at me, light brown curls bouncing off of her shoulders. "My big brother has all of their CDs. My name's Nicole. What's yours?"

"Clarissa."

Her eyes widen, her mouth dropping open. "You're the girl on TV!"

"I am?"

"Yeah! On the news. You were with a boy, I think. But your hair was longer."

I pulled out my earbuds. This was getting interesting. "What did they say about me and this boy?"

"They said it was a 'heated relationship' and doubted it would last. They also said you almost died."

"Well, I'll tell you what, Nicole. I pinky-promise that I will not allow this relationship to fall apart." I held out my pinky and she grabbed it with hers.