Chapter Thirty-Four ; A New Engagement

Harry's P.O.V.

My eyes snapped open, darkness greeting them. I blinked and sat up, rubbing eyes and trying get rid of the dream in my head. I don't think it was a dream, though, maybe just a flashback. To when I killed Talon.

Carefully I lifted myself off of the bed so not to disturb Claire and walked into the bathroom. My eyes were bloodshot and my face seemed to be sinking. I splashing cold water onto my face, looking back at the mirror. Talon was right behind me.

I jumped and blinked again, the figure gone. I cursed under my breath, deciding to go back asleep before I drove myself mad.

----

"Rise 'n shine."

Sunlight poured through the window and onto my face. I dug my head into the pillow, trying to block it out as much as possible.

"Harry," Claire said firmly, tearing off my precious blankets. I groaned and rolled over, blindly groping for my sheets as goosebumps rose on my arms.

"Why'd I tell you to wake me up so early again?" I mumbled miserably, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"You wanted to go down and get breakfast with the boys, remember?" she replied, taking out her mascara. I rushed over to her and grabbed her wrist to stop her, setting the open bottle on the white dresser. It spilled out onto the white wood, and I doubted the stain would ever go away.

"Harry! You spilled it all over the place!"

I grinned and picked her up by the waist, carrying her across the room. "Don't worry about that now, boo."

I set her down on the bed. "In the mood for a bath?" I asked with a small smirk, running my fingers across the knuckles on her hand.

She squinted up at me with big, brown eyes. "I took, like, three yesterday."

I blushed and grinned, dropping her hand. She didn't know what I meant. "Be right back."

I strolled into the bathroom and got the tub running with warm water, stripping myself of clothes and throwing a towel around my waist.

"Come here!" I shouted into the other room. A small smirk played my mouth when I saw her confused expression. 

"What? Harry, I didn't know you meant this.. I-I'm not.."

"Oh, c'mon Claire, it'll be fun. We need some relaxation."

"But.. I'm not ready.."

"Don't you trust me?" I wrapped my arms around her waist and picked at her belt. "If you're uncomfortable, we'll stop, I promise."

She swallowed but closed her eyes and granted me access. Before I knew it, her clothes were on the floor, her eyes still shut firmly.

She was stunning. Not just her breasts, like most guys would say, but everything about her. Her choppy hair matched everything about her, and her stature was short yet a little bit curvy, despite her relatively skinny legs.

I don't know why she felt so uncomfortable around me. I want her to open up and be more free when she's with me, but I don't blame her. I am really famous, no matter how modest I decide to be. At certain times, I wish I wasn't, so I could have a normal relationship. Though with Claire, nothing was normal.

"Harry?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of he voice. One brown eye was popped open. "Are we gonna do this or what?"

The side of my lip curled up, and I slipped into the warm water and turned off the spout. Hesitantly, Clarissa joined me, settling herself inbetween my legs with her back to me. I reached back and grabbed a bottle of shampoo, squirting some in to my hands and massaging it into her hair. She was quiet for a while, probably not wanting to admit that she liked it - stubborn, that one - but then a low moan escaped her throat.