18. finale

the sway of the boat had eventually forced y/n into a sleep. her dreams that time never came, almost as if her mind knew she didn't have time to dream.

she had her plan, and all she could do was hope everything would work out, that she and tommy and ghostbur and everyone she did care about would be fine.

she woke up to the boat sliding up on the sand a bit, with a small creak.

"y/n we're here." ghostbur said excitedly.

she rubbed her eyes and grabbed her bag, "where's tommy?" she asked, as she jumped out of the boat.

ghostbur pointed to a little tent up on the hill, it's used to be white stained a yellow from the sun and specs of dirt and mud somehow all up the sides.

she smiled when she saw the familiar blonde fluffy hair peek up beside the tent, she couldn't hold herself together as she was already halfway to the tent, sprinting as fast and she could. she jumped on tommy, holding him into the tightest hug.

"y/n what are you doing here." tommy asked with every ounce of excitement left in him.

"no tommy, shut up don't ruin the moment." the girl said under her breath, "i'm so happy your okay."

the two finally pulled apart from each other as ghostbur made his way to the pair.

"see tommy she's fine!" ghostbur said as a almost 'i told you so' to tommy.

"what are you doing here?" tommy asked.

"i had to make sure you were okay, nobody would tell me if you were okay." she said as she put her bag down. "i was worried something happened to you."

tommy laughed, "y/n cmon you know me, i'm always okay."

the girl gave a half smile, "i know tommy."

through the happiness of y/n finally seeing tommy, she couldn't shake the feeling of stalking eyes on her, and she couldn't get rid of the chills from something sinister crawling down her back, scratching its claws into her flesh.

she rolled her shoulder, "i'm not staying for too long tommy, i don't want anyone finding out i came here."

"no, stay, we can hide you from dream whenever he comes." tommy pleaded, as ghostbur held his shoulder.

"no tommy i'm not going to put you in danger again." y/n stated, not leaving room for negotiation.

"think of what dream would do if he found out tommy, it's for the best." ghostbur chimed in.

and almost like a movie, as if the script was studied for hours before, and everything lined up-

"found out what." the unforgiving yet familiar voice said.

y/n turned, "dream, please." was all she could say, as if her vocal chords were ripped from her throat, it left a tightness, a swelling she would remember forever.

tommy's face was stuck in a expression of disbelief, his face drained of colour and eyes already glossed with salt water.

tommy knew what was going to happen.

"y/n." dream said, motioning for her to go to him.

she instead turned to tommy, "i love you so much tommy, please get out of here safely."

all he could do was mouth 'i love you' back.

she then turned to ghostbur, "please take care of him, for me it's always tommy before anyone else."

ghostbur nodded and stayed with tommy.

y/n waved goodbye, picked up her bag and then made her way over to dream.

"do not follow us." dreams voice was harsh, deep, and not happy.

dream walked down to shore and pushed the girl into the boat she had used to get there.

she watched as tommy walked in circles, and ghostbur tried to comfort him. she hoped the best for them.

she could only imagine what would happen to her next, and exile of her own? a gruesome battle leading to her death? or maybe a silent, quick death. one given to her by someone she used to, or still loved.

the pair where far from tommy's tent.

"what were you thinking." dream finally said.

"i had to see him." y/n said quietly, looking out onto the water.

"that was stupid." he said, harshly.

as the sun started to set, a small quiet island came into view. dream steered towards it, pulling the boat onto the sand when they arrived.

"get out." dream said, holding his hand out.

y/n took it, lifting herself up she grabbed her bag and let dream pull her off the boat.

"what's going to happen." y/n said.

dream didn't say anything, just simply pulled her with him as he walked towards the only tree on the island. he sat her down and followed.

"dream?" y/n asked, wondering what he was doing.

dream sighed, "i wished things would have turned out different." he played with the sand, using a little twig to draw little swirls into the sand. "you and me, we could've ruled everything together, then maybe i wouldn't be like this, tommy wouldn't be exiled, and you wouldn't hate me."

"things can still change dream, you can stop tommy's exile, and i won't hate you, i mean i never did." y/n said with a grain of hope.

"nothing will change, y/n." he said.

"come on dream, let's just try." y/n pleaded.

dream stood, and motioned for the girl to as well.

she did.

dream faced the sky, standing in front of y/n. the sun completing its last bit over the horizon, the sun completing the girls last sunset.

dream turned to face the girl.

she grabbed his hand, "please."

"i don't want to do this.
i'm sorry."

before the girl could think, the sharp cold sword had already entered her stomach.

yet she couldn't even feel it.

the girl looked down, the handle of the blade sticking out, and dreams hand still holding it.

she looked up at dream who had one single tear slowly flowing down his face.

his hand still holding hers, he led her down to the ground, resting up on the only tree.

he kneeled in front of her, finally letting go of the sword but still holding tightly to her hand, her cold lifeless hand.

"please forgive me." he whispered as he finally let go and broke down on the ground, his tears now streaming down his face. he hit the ground, it could've been hundreds of times before he had calmed down.

the sky was black now, bright white stars spread across the sky.

in y/n's final moments, she didn't think of much. she said goodbye to everyone once more. she hoped tommy wouldn't take this too hard, and she did hope dream would forgive himself once he realized what he did.

y/n faced the stars, them reflecting into her eyes. and that would be her final resting place, a cold star filled night, dreams sword still in her stomach. and dream still crying with her, he stayed with her.

soon tommy would find her body.

she knew his blood would boil.

———

i know it's not the best but, it's the ending.
i had a different idea but as you might now i stopped watching the dream smp and i can't keep writing this story if my motivation for them is gone.

i hoped you liked this story, and i hope the ending wasn't too harsh or bad.

goodbye, and stay safe<3