10: shlatt.

"who the fuck are you?" the horned man asked as he noticed the girl standing with wilbur.

y/n couldn't help but giggle, "i'm y/n." she answered, pulling out her sword. the girl knew that this man was the common enemy, and she would do anything to protect the ones she cared so much for.

"y/n, this is shlatt." wilbur said, his eyes stuck on the horned man in front of him.

y/n hummed, as shlatt fixed his posture. "so you're the tyrant i assume?" y/n asked.

"i wouldn't call myself that.." shlatt answered as he glared down at the girl.

"wilbur i got this.." y/n said, turning to face wilbur. a look of remorse stuck on his face.

wilbur nodded his head and walked away towards tommy and tubbo, who were trying their best to fight off multiple people.

"well? shall we?" y/n said as she readied her sword.

shlatt didn't respond, he only ran at the girl. his netherite axe held above his head, gleaming from the sun. y/n blocked his attack, her sharp blade hitting the wood of his axe, almost breaking it. the horned man backed away, he examined his half-broken axe before putting it away, and pulled out a sword familiar to y/n.

y/n took the initiative and lunged at the boy, catching him off guard only for a second before his sword came flying up, metal against metal as sparks flew from the contact.

y/n eyed his sword, "where did you get that?" she said, still holding their swords against eachother.

"it was a present.." he replied, backing away from the girl, making her stumble a bit.

the horned man flew at the girl again, his sword held high in the air. y/n raised her own sword to block the attack, just as shlatt flew it back downwards and swung it against the girls leg.

through the pain of her new wound y/n took out her bow, and aimed at shlatt. letting the arrow fly right into his shoulder. they both fell onto the ground from the pain.

shlatt yelled obscurities at the girl as she drank a potion to heal herself. "what's the name on the sword shlatt." y/n said coldly, finally recognizing the weapon, she remembered what it felt like to be cut by it.

shlatt eyed the girl as he looked at the words engraved into its wood, "it says 'my gift to you dear'." shlatt answered, putting the sword down beside him.

"who gave that to you?" she asked, only dream had ever called y/n dear.

———
*flashback*

y/n's arrow was loaded into her bow, as her and dream sat behind a tree, trying to find something to bring back to eat.

"y/n dear!" dream said suddenly, catching the girl off guard.

"what did you just call me?" y/n asked, giving dream a strange look.

"nono, a deer!" dream said, pointing to a deer off in the distance and letting out a small giggle, "i wasn't calling you dear."

"oh my god." y/n said, her cheeks flushed slightly as she drew back an arrow and let it fly at the helpless animal.

dream had called y/n dear for the next two weeks, not only annoying the girl but giving her a headache.

———

"shlatt give that sword to me." y/n said, as she stood and brushed the dirt off herself

shlatt looked at the girl, a confused look on his face before he stood and simply walked away.

"seriously? you're just gonna walk away?" y/n yelled at him.