3: sanity

y/n and dream arrived at pogtopia, laughing and joking the entire way there. y/n uncovered the hidden entrance and let dream inside, her following in after.

"it's been a long time." someone said from downstairs, their voice almost completely drowned out.

y/n bite the inside of her cheeks, as she walked to see three boys downstairs. she looked up at the tall pink haired boy standing at the table showing tommy his axe.

"technoblade?" y/n said smiling before running to give him a hug.

"princess!" techno said, hugging the girl back.

"you're still calling me that?" y/n whined.

"of course." techno replied, pulling the girl out of their embrace and sitting down.

"what why do you call her that?" tommy asked.

"it's an inside joke." y/n said through a giggle.

techno and y/n had met shortly after she left dreamsmp, quickly becoming close and sharing their love for violence.

Wilbur rolled his eyes, he hated that y/n could act so friendly towards everyone but him. jealousy.

"Wilbur, can we go talk somewhere?" dream said, finally making his presence known.

Wilbur nodded as the two headed back upstairs. tommy following quickly behind them.

"so tommy convinced you to join us?" y/n asked

"i'm guessing he did the same for you?" techno said, leaning back into his chair.

y/n nodded, not talking when she could overhear the boy's conversations from upstairs.

tommy let's be the bad guys.

tommy let's blow that mother fucker to smithereens.

wilbur are you thinking al-

tommy i say... if we can't have manburg, NO ONE, no one can have manburg, l'manburg.

"wilbur, what the fuck are you saying?" y/n said as she reached the entrance to pogtopia.

Wilbur looked down, "y/n he's clearly going insane." tommy said, pointing to the tall brunette.

"i can see that." y/n said, "Wilbur, you and tommy worked so hard for l'manburg, why would you want to blow it up and kill every single person you love."

"it won't be everyone i love y/n." wilbur said, his eyes glossy. "it's my, my, l'manburg, not shlatts, not dreams, it's mine."

"Wilbur you know i'm all for destroying l'manburg, as long as dreamsmp stays the most powerful." dream said, his hands at his hips.

"dream, this isn't your place to tal-" y/n said before getting cut off.

"no, dream if you can help, i'll gladly take it." Wilbur said, a smile creeping onto his face.

dream nodded, "let's talk again Wilbur, but next time alone." he said.

"seriously dream." tommy whined.

y/n turned back and walked downstairs, the conversation giving her a head ache. she went into her room and flopped onto her bed, sighing.

"what?" y/n said after someone knocked on her door.

"it's tommy."

"come in"

tommy opened the door, closing it behind him. he sat in a chair across from y/n's bed. holding his head in his hands.

"tommy, he won't do it, he's just upset." y/n said, sitting up.

"no i think he actually wants to, and will." tommy said, hidden tears falling from his face.

"come here." y/n said, pulling tommy into a hug, rubbing his back as he spoke.

"i know you hate him, but can you please try to talk to him. we worked so hard for l'manburg, i don't know what i would do if i didn't have it." tommy said, his voice muffled by y/n's shirt.

y/n sighed, "yeah i'll talk to him." she said, pulling tommy away and holding his shoulders. "i won't let him blow it up."

tommy smiled, and hugged the girl again. the two sat together for a moment, enjoying the silence.

———
*time skip*

a week had passed, techno and y/n constantly trained together, both had basically the exact same skill set, the duals almost always ending in a tie. tommy was trying his best to improve pogtopia, making wilbur angry along the way. now Wilbur, he was constantly sneaking off in the middle of the night to meet with dream, his sanity only grew farther by the hour.

it was late, the moon illuminating the world. Wilbur was sat at the main table, his mind lost in his own thoughts.

"what?" wilbur whined when y/n tapped his shoulder.

"will... we need to talk." y/n whispered, trying not to wake the others.

"god y/n, you ignore me the entire time you're here, and as soon as i start to loose my fucking mind you think you can just come in and save me?" wilbur yelled, causing a sad look from his former friend. "you're ridiculous."

"i'm ridiculous? seriously? you're the one who wants to blow up l'manburg, you're the one who wants to kill everyone you love." y/n said, her fists pressed into the table.

Wilbur looked down at his feet, a sudden wave of sadness taking over him. "i'm sorry" he said quietly.

"let's just go outside and talk okay.." y/n said, taking wilburs hand and leading him out of pogtopia.

the two walked her about 30 minutes, aimlessly into the forest until they stumbled upon a bench, it looking out to a small clearing with flowers.

they sat together, not speaking, no one necessarily wanted to say something.

"will... listen." y/n said, finally breaking the silence. "you know i still care about you right."

"i thought you hated me." Wilbur said, not daring to look over at the short girl beside him.

"i can still care about you even if i hate you." y/n said, leaning back into the bench. "Will, you're scaring me, all this talk about blowing l'manburg up, i mean, i can literally see how much pain you're in"

Wilbur sighed, "i need to do it y/n."

"why do you need to do it?" y/n asked, turning her gaze onto wilbur.

"if i don't destroy l'manburg, it'll destroy me." he said, a small smile falling onto his lips.

"i don't believe that." y/n said, a frown falling on hers. "wilbur from way back would've done anything to save his land and loved ones, not destroy it."

"people change." wilbur said through a small sigh.

y/n nodded, and looked back to the clearing, admiring how the moon lit up the world ever so small.

———