8: one day

y/n woke up in her bed, tommy sitting beside her shaking her awake.

"what tommy?" y/n said, still half asleep.

"dreams here, he needs to tell everyone something." tommy said as he stood up.

y/n sat up in her bed, her mouth fixated into a frown. she couldn't help but wonder why dream was here, and why he needed everyone to listen to what he had to say.

y/n nodded her head, tommy walking out after. the girl quickly got dressed into her normal clothes and headed out of her room.

"is she coming?" dream asked tommy just as y/n walked to stand beside wilbur.

"i'm literally right here dream." y/n said, annoyance shining through her voice.

dream rolled his eyes, "so, something interesting i heard." he said, glancing at the faces of his past allies.

"what is it dream?" tommy asked, crossing his arms to try and look intimidating.

dream smirked, "there's a traitor among you." he said, the gasps of the others sounding quickly after.

y/n shook her head slightly, how could anyone she had fought with even think about betraying everything they had worked for. she turned her head to look at wilbur, only to see a small smile rested on his lips. that's when she knew, l'manburg was getting blown up no matter what.

———

dream had left quickly after, not wanting to listen to the questions tommy had for him about the traitor. y/n stood leaning against a wall, thinking about the whole blowing up l'manburg situation. then, wilbur walked into the room, paying no attention to the girl against the wall.

"wilbur?" y/n called out, "can we go talk somewhere?"

wilbur nodded and grabbed his coat, the two made their way away from pogtopia, trying to get as far as they could.

the two stood against some random trees, wilbur stared at the girl waiting for her to start talking.

"listen... will, i know you're the traitor." y/n said, crossing her arms.

"yeah i had a feeling you would be the one to find out." wilbur said, brushing his hair out with his fingers.

y/n walked up to the boy and grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him down to her level. "you promised you wouldn't leave me again." she basically yelled at him.

"how exactly am i leaving you y/n? i'm not fucking dying." wilbur yelled back, grabbing the wrists of the girl.

"you could die wilbur." y/n said, lowering her voice and letting the boys shirt go.

"i'm not going to." wilbur said, pulling the girl into a hug. "i'm just going to blow everything up!" he laughed.

y/n's brows furrowed, she grabbed the boys shirt again, clenching her fists. "yeah, what about the lives of everyone there? or the destruction of everything you, tommy and everyone else worked for? huh? what about that?" she yelled again, feeling tears welled up in her eyes.

"they don't matter, you need to understand that i need to do this." wilbur said, trying to loosen the grip y/n had onto him.

"so i don't matter then either?" y/n whispered, letting go of his shirt and walking away, not letting the boy speak to her anymore.

"wait! fuck, y/n come back." wilbur called out.

he watched as y/n disappeared from his view, he sighed. why couldn't anyone understand.