Epilogue Finale: Princess

Zane's POV:

Being reunited with Briar was beyond wonderful.

She did not hesitate to offer me a surprise too. So she came and picked me up right after my work at the gym. Of course, she adored the little boy proudly showing off the black eye he got in a fight he got into. Needless to say she scolded me for it, but hey, he got it protecting his little sister from her bullies, so he's a fine guy in my books and not a rowdy.

His mother was a different story. Briar did not take kindly to me training her one on one personally. I reassured her right in the beginning I did not care about her, but the jealousy was still there. When she picked me up and the completely depleted woman left barely able to raise her hand in a greeting she relaxed visibly. We even got back to joking to one another. It only ended with her in one of my spare shirts. Not because we fucked in the shower or anything that came later in her private jet. I just decided to give her a hug. A rather sweaty hug after my workout that might have drenched her blouse a bit.

Now as before mentioned we ended up in her private jet. Then she finally decided to reveal to me that we were heading to Italy. Tuscany to be precise. She planned on recreating our first real date with a visit to Giorgio and all. He didn't even recognize me at all without the tattoo on my face.

We had a blast really. That was until she mentioned dinner with her business partner there. Francesco Gaberotti. Along with his son Enzo Gaberotti. That name triggered a small memory of mine about the guy in G's tailor shop when I returned from Japan. We had a small fight about it, and she was angry at first that I might destroy a contact of her, but I calmed her quickly that I was sure they didn't recognize me anymore. I mean, I had no facial tattoo anymore, and they've only seen me once. Over a year ago I might add. Now tonight is that night so ... fingers crossed I guess.

When we arrived at the restaurant a very much typical lackey type of guy stood outside. He insisted on checking us for weapons, which nowadays was no problem at all. I didn't carry any with me anymore.

Inside it wasn't hard spotting the two guys. They were the only people standing inside anymore. A man in a finely tailored suit. White suit with a fedora on his head and a cigar between his lips. Definitely Francesco. His son Enzo was in a tailored black suit with his hair slicked back. His jacket was thrown over his shoulder though and the vest of his suit visible.

He still didn't start a workout I see.

"Belezza!" Francesco exclaimed and opened his arms.

"Zio Francesco. Mi sei mancata." Briar answered and hugged the man.

Great they talk Italian. That's going to be a very quiet dinner on my part.

I zoned out there and just walked up towards them with a polite smile trying to stay in the back. They kept on talking for a few moments before Briar nodded towards me and Francesco shook his head.

"If you want to be a businessman you need to learn more languages boy." he addressed me and held out his hand. "Francesco Gaberotty."

I took his hand with a slight smile, "I'm not exactly a businessman Senior Gaberotti. I do talk fluent German though."

I hesitated for a moment.

Did I ever give them my name back then?

"The name is Wayne Harper by the way." I added afterwards.

It was close enough to my real name, so Briar could probably remember. A sideways glance of me showed her to subtly nod and move her lips. She took the hint and tried to memorize it. Of course, she did.