To Hunt a Demon

Andrei's POV:

I parked the rusty old Honda outside the strip club and stepped out of the car. The pink and blue neon sign above the door read 'Assphyxia' with smaller letters underneath describing it as a 'Sissy Dollhouse'. Chuckling slightly as I made my way towards the entrance, I shook my head.

Of course, Alex was at such a place. No wonder he had a thing for the redhead.

The bald, black bouncer stopped me at the door, "You're too early, man. Club's not open yet."

"Relax dude. I'm just here to talk to Alex. I have no interest in ogling some little boys in dresses." I remarked quickly.

He gave me a quick glance up and down then stared at me before taking a small step to the side, "You better not make any trouble."

I pushed in without another word. As soon as the short elevator stopped and opened, I could hear some hip-hop music playing in the background. The entrance area was pretty damn dark, but entering the main club floor, I was covered in multicolored lights. The main dance floor itself was glowing in a blurry, purple light. Some seating corners were arranged along the right-hand wall and beyond the dance floor, I could see the VIP area of the club. Directly to my left was a bar that did not have anyone behind it yet. A small stage further to the left on the opposite side of the dance floor, so one could see it from the seating areas.

Two small and thin dancers, dressed in very little, and very revealing, clothes, were practicing at the poles on the stage with Alex and a brown-haired guy in a suit watching them. From the name of the club, I took the wild guess both of them were actually male despite their feminine appearance.

Spreading my arms out, I walked over towards the stage, "Alex! Buddy, pal, how are you? How do you like my new suit?"

I gave a small spin as I reached them and slumped down onto one of the chairs at the stage, "Been tailored right onto my body when I was in Italy with Briar."

Alex gave me a small glare and rolled his eyes, while the other man answered, "It's a pretty nice suit. May I ask what brings such a fine gentleman into my club before it's open, though?"

His look was definitely fixed on my face, probably trying to figure out what the deal was with me.

"You're the boss here?" I jumped up and offered my hand for a handshake, "Andrei. Andrei Kroll. I'm Alex's current ... business partner."

"Zephyrus. My friends call me Zeph," he answered while grabbing my hand in a firm handshake, his eyes never leaving mine.

He's wary about me, so he'll keep an eye on me. I kinda like this guy.

Alex cleared his throat, "I'm glad you had fun in Italy. Hope you did not forget about the job though?"

"No need to worry, Alex. It's what I'm here for, actually. I found our man." I answered with a nonchalant smile and flashed my metallic teeth.

"This about July?" Zeph asked, to my surprise, and I gave him a curious look.

As Alex nodded, Zeph pointed towards a small corridor along the wall, "You can have your business talk in my office."

I followed Alex as he led the way and opened the door to a quite spacious office. Besides the desk with a big armchair behind it and two chairs in front of it, there was also a stripper pole and a black sofa with a small table in front of it. In one corner was what looked like a cat's basket, just very oversized, and one door leading into another room.

"Guess your boss has frequent talks with his workers, huh?" I nodded towards the pole.

"We're not here to discuss Zeph's sex life," Alex remarked and crossed his arms.