The Vice City Job: The Man with no Name

Andrei's POV:

Fools. Do they really think I would fall for that? I could hear them talking on the radio about trying to cut us off. 

"Okay. Alex, showtime. The grenades. Now. And be ready to shoot in front of us." I barked out, and he hurriedly fumbled the launcher out of the sports bag. 

He let down the window on his side and mumbled, "I must be crazy to do this."

Leaning outside, he pulled the launcher up, and I took the corner. The police car now in front of us. The driver pulled to his right hard as he saw Alex.

"NOW!" I screamed and Alex fired a gas grenade. 

It was a pretty bad shot and landed not on the car but the street. Driving through the smoke was risky, but my only chance. I sped through, bursting out of the smoke cloud on the other side, just narrowly avoiding a frontal crash with some civilians' car. Did take a pretty nasty scratch along my side though. Wrecking my car was not an option normally, but this would have to do. The second car of the police force was still behind me, and I kept making sharp turns while Alex was reloading.

"You want me to shoot again?" he asked, highly nervous, and nearly dropped the grenade he was trying to load in after a quick left turn. 

"Yes. Behind us this time. I need to lose them." I shouted back, switching lanes to get a truck between me and the police. 

When he was ready again, he leaned outside and screamed, "Ready!"

After the next turn he shot and the grenade landed better this time, clouding us for a few seconds before the police reemerged. I took a sharp right again and hoped they didn't catch that turn. One look in the rear mirror showed differently.

Figured.

"One more at the next turn before us, Alex." I ordered and he got to it. 

On my command, he fired, and it landed perfectly this time. Right in the middle of the cross-section. When I was in the middle of the smoke, I made a hard left turn, knowing this time there was no chance they would see me.

Way to easy!

My smirk left my lips as I emerged out of the smoke. Two random cars stopped before the smoke cloud, blocking nearly the whole street. I ripped the car over to the right to dodge, but ended up scraping a streetlight and slam into a building's wall sideways. The airbags went off and blocked my sight.

It took both me and Alex a moment to realize and scramble out of the car. It ended up quite awkwardly for him as he had to climb out my side just to see two guns pointed at us.

"Hands up scum. We got you. And don't you dare fucking move." the guy shouted at us. 

The female officer I recognized. It was the same sergeant that was working that first night I returned to the city. She however didn't seem to have the same déjà vu effect. 

"What now?" Alex mumbled with raised hands.

"Just play along ... for now. It's all planned out." I murmured back as the male officer put the cuffs on me. 

The second car also arrived. The young woman inside seemed quite shocked when she saw my face properly. Even more when I was placed in the back of their car and Alex in the other.

"Take him back, Jaque. We make sure the ruined car gets towed, and then we follow with the second one." the male officer explained.

"Roger that, Khal." Jaque remarked and drove off, tossing me a smirk. "Tough luck buddy. You're going to have a hard time explaining this."