A Job Well Done

Andrei's POV:

I was sitting at the Skyline's bar for about half an hour already. Getting in contact with her has been much more of a hassle than I thought, but in the end, I managed by asking the police for the contact information about the bounty. Finally, the sliding door opened and Elaisa walked in. Her dark skin and the ears sticking out from the top of her head made her easy to recognize. I could not help but scowl slightly though when Michael walked in behind her. He didn't remember me as far as I knew, but I wasn't entirely sure.

I was the only one around, so Elaisa approached me with a curious glance, "I remember you. You're the guy Ally patched up in that dumpster of a back alley."

"The one and only," I replied with a smirk, studying them for any kind of reaction, with no results.

"So, you wanna talk about the bounty?" Elaisa crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Straight to business, huh? Shame. I would have offered to buy you a drink first." I replied with a shrug.

Her facial expression did not change one bit, if anything she looked like I already bored her. Michael stood back but kept his eyes glued to me. He probably thought I was dangerous and was careful around me for that reason.

Smart.

"I offered the bounty for bringing Trevor to me. Alive." she really put emphasis on the last part.

"Well ... I do not have him with me. But before you leave, out of boredom, I know exactly where you will find him." putting on a serious face to make sure she didn't take it for a joke.

"Not quite worth the bounty, but fine. Where is he?" she asked with a nonchalant expression.

I chuckled slightly, "Now. I would be a fool to tell you for free, wouldn't I? You obviously have enough money to pay for such information."

"You're an idiot if you think she will pay you the full bounty of 2 million dollars just for that info," Michael spoke from behind her and crossed his arms, flexing his muscles in the process.

I simply shrugged, "I'm willing to haggle. Let's say ... $500.000."

"You are clearly dreaming. $10.000 at max." Elaisa said her chilled expression never fading away.

I sighed for the effect and looked at her again, "Girl. I'm trading you a human life here. That's by far worth more than $10.000. At least $300.000."

She seemed to be getting a slight bit impatient and stared me down, "$70.000. No more, no less. Else you're going to lose the deal."

I clenched my jaws shut and thought about it. It was a lot of cash. Way less than I would have wanted to get out of this, but losing it would be foolish.

I reached out with my hand, "You will pay upfront. I won't come for more once you have him."

Glancing down at my hand, she gave me a stern look, "Why should I? I have no reason to trust you."

"Neither have I, girl. Take it, or leave it, and never find your guy. Not my problem either." I replied again, looking deep into her ember eyes, which constantly seemed to be lit up by a fire.

She turned around, never taking my hand, but spoke, "You stay here while I get the cash. If you do any funny business, I will rip you to shreds."

I nodded and as soon as they left through the door I smirked.

You didn't call my bluff, young lady. Then again, I never lied about knowing where Trevor is. Now the alive part ...

...