High Risk, no Reward

Briar's POV:

This was one of the slowest days I had in the last week. Barely anything happened at the casino. All was running smoothly and no major troubles. I was currently doing some long overdue paperwork. At least I would be able to catch up with it again. Reaching over to the side, I pulled out the last of the pralines from the box.

The last one? Again?

I looked down at my belly with a small pout, "You really are a hungry one, you know that?"

Absentmindedly, I let my hand wander over my belly. Even thinking about the whole turmoil that little thing has brought down on me lately made me have mixed feelings. I did want this child. I mean, which mother wouldn't? But it also meant a lot of problematic situations. Not only was my father furious about me having the baby of a man outside our tribe, no, it would also mean that I could work less at the casino once it's here. In addition to that, it was getting harder for me to mingle with my business partners. All those rich stuck up people I had to put up with liked wine and champagne way too much. Thanks to Spicy, though, I had at least gotten the idea to stock my fridge with his fake champagne too. Helped to pretend when I had visitors at my place, at least.

The red light on my tabletop phone started flashing at that point. That meant someone was calling for the security. No concern of mine since Wayne would be at that any minute now. With a small sigh, I returned to focus on my paperwork again. About 5 minutes later, I could still see the red light flashing, though.

What's going on? Wayne is normally the first one to jump on that. Or at least Hank. I stood up, feeling a small strain on my legs as I stretched them for the first time since I started my work today.

I need to check this out myself, it seems, and need to remember to give Wayne hell for not having his security team do it.

Making my way out of my office towards the reception, I could hear an all too familiar voice talking, "How about you tell her the man with the brightest smile in the world is here to see her?"

My stomach started to flutter involuntarily. Spicy was back. And he came right here to see me. I stopped for a moment to wipe the goofy smile off my face and compose myself. I needed to keep my face here, no need to get all high school about this.

With an elegant, yet seductive, swing of my hips, I rounded the corner, "It's alright, Molly. I will take it from here."

"Ah! Sugar. Guess who's back in town?" he exclaimed, excited, and spread his arms out widely.

It was a new sight for sure. This must be the first time I see him without a suit. In fact, it's the first time I see him dressed so completely different. He wore long trousers with a camo print on them and a black sleeveless tank top. With the massive combat boots on his feet and his backpack slung over one shoulder, he almost looked like an army soldier back from deployment.

I sashayed over and walked right up to him and gave him a small hug in greeting, "Spicy, what a pleasant surprise."

He did not hesitate to wrap me in his arms to give me a hug too and leaned in whispering, "You wouldn't imagine how much I missed your touch, Sugar"

Biting my lip, I leaned back a bit to look him up and down. His sly grin did never leave his features, and for the first time he didn't have a visible wound on his body after a mission.

I gently took his hand to lead him towards my office, "Come on, I want to hear all about your ... vacation." I tried being vague as we were currently in the lobby of the casino.

As soon as the office door closed behind him, he got in and pulled me close into a deep, long kiss. A small yelp of surprise escaped my lips. I mean, of course enjoyed it a lot, but he was seldom so straight forward. I was snaking my arms around his neck to pull him deeper, but he soon broke away.