7

TW mentions of suicide

Mikey was the hardest person to be around, it's not that he was bossy or arrogant on the contrary.

He was quiet, way too quiet for me to handle, he acted like I wasn't there, It's been 9 hours since he told me that I'll be staying with him 24/7 till we see what Arima is up to and he didn't even spare me a glance, I tried opening up conversations but I only get short answers.

"Pack your things, we are going home" Mikey said as he arranged the papers he was reading.
"What.. home?" I was a bit confused.
"Mine, you will be staying with me, Kenta already brought your clothes there" he said monotonously.

I looked at him bewildered "What?!"
"What? Didn't I make it clear that you will be staying with me 24/7, now let's go."

I Grumbled but followed him anyway, this will be super awkward, I Which I could switch with Rindou.

the ride to Mikey's house was Awkward but it seemed like i'm the only one who is feeling this way on the other hand mikey was deep in thought.

"Mikey?" I wasn't sure if addressing him by his name is appropriate but I didn't care at this point.

"Hmm?"
"It's not that I'm questioning your decision or anything but don't you think Rindou would be a better option for protecting yo-"
"Do you really think I need you to protect me y/n?" He cut me off, his voice was calm but it sent chills down my spine.

Now I was more confused if I'm not sticking with him because of protection then what am I supposed to do.

"Isn't this why I'm staying with you?"
"No, you are staying with me because I don't know you, and as you said someone is leaking information, you are a suspect in this"

Did he just accuse me with treason?!

"You are the one who fucking got me here Mikey, if I'm a suspect then YOU are a suspect!" I was fuming now, I didn't care that I was talking to the most dangerous man in Japan.

"Yes I got you here but it's been two weeks, you as an executive know the schedule of the other executives, and have access to my office, besides you value money, don't you y/n?"

I stayed silent, all he said was true but I wouldn't betray the man who gave me hope, two weeks ago I was hopeless, I didn't have anything except for a worn out sleeping bag and one change of clothes, yes I value money but this is something I have learn when I live in the streets for three years.

I heard Mikey sigh "I'm not accusing you y/n, I'm just being cautious, just like you should be, we are all criminals here after all, I want to spend time with you so I can trust you".

We reached Mikey's house, and I was surprised with what I saw, it's a very simple house, it wasn't a mansion nor a Penthouse just a slightly big apartment with minimalistic furniture and warm colors, there was a wall filled with picture frames with different sizes, most of the pictures had teenage boys in it, and one picture caught my eye.

It was a group of teenage boys wearing matching jackets and smiling, one of them looked like he was running to get inside the frame.