✧ Sixteen ✧

Zayn softly knocked on the door before he heard a familiar Irish accent telling him to come in.

Zayn slowly opened the door to see Niall sitting on the other side of his desk, a smirk on his face as soon as he saw Zayn.

"Good Morning, Mr.Malik." Niall said leaning against his desk.

Zayn felt even more nervous then he already did. Niall looked amazing. He could tell Niall touched up the roots of his hair.

Zayn shook the thoughts away from his head and smiled up at Niall. "Good Morning, Mr.Horan."

"Why don't you take a seat Mr.Malik?" Niall asked as he stared at Zayn.

"Oh yeah, yeah." Zayn whispered more to himself as bit his lip as he cautiously sat at the chair across from Niall.

"So," Niall said as he placed a hand under his chin. "Tell me about your self."

"Well," Zayn paused. "My names Zayn Malik, I'm 21, I'm from Bradford and I like tattoos I guess." Zayn said with a shrug as he looked at Niall with puppy eyes.

"Ah yes, I could tell." Niall said with a small smile as he pointed to the skin exposed by Zayn's rolled up sleeved shirt.

"Yeah." Zayn said with a small blush.

"What was your last job?" Niall asked even though he clearly knew the answer to it.

"A bartender." Zayn said in a duh time then mumbled a quick apology as Niall stared at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I severed you a drink not that long ago." Zayn said with a small nod.

"Oh that was you!" Niall easily lied as he raised both of his eyebrows in fake realization.

"Yup." Zayn said with a smile.

"Now that you mentioned it, I do remember seeing a pretty face like yours at the bar." Niall said cheekily as he gave Zayn a small wink.

"Oh." Zayn whispered as his face burned more red than before. He bit his lip trying to restrain a smile from forming.

Niall chuckled before shaking his head, he knows that was inappropriate to say but he didn't care.

His company, his rules. Basically he can do whatever he wants.

"Anyways, why did you quit?" Niall asked as Zayn shrugged.

"Eh, mainly cause there's a lot of drunken men and women always trying to touch me and get down my pants. It's disgusting." Zayn cringed as he made a sour face.

Niall got kinda mad and the thought of Zayn being harassed by drunken men at the bar. No one can hurt a pretty face like Zayn's.

Especially not one that reminds him of the sweet an beautiful Veronica.

"And plus I was kinda very confident that I was going to get this job." Zayn said sheepishly with a small smile and a blush slowly forming on his cheeks.

"Don't worry baby, you already had this job as soon as you walked in." Niall thought to himself but decided to tease Zayn a bit.

"Confidence is the key." Niall said with a smile which made Zayn smile back an Niall's heart melt.

"But I don't know, there were other people who applied that seem more, i don't know, qualified." Niall teased as Zayn's smiled dropped.

"Oh." Zayn said awkwardly as let out a throaty laugh. "Well this is awkward."