Chapter 11

Sebastián

Sebastián

|

I had just gotten out of surgery when I got a text from Luke. He just made it into work and he is making Nic come into the hospital for a CT Scan.

I still have my surgical cap on as I go to Luke's floor. The metal elevator doors open and I immediately see him. He is talking to the nurses and signing a few papers. I walk up to him and he gives me a small smile.

"Please have my patient in room 502 sign these papers before he is wheeled into surgery. Thank you." Luke hands the clipboard to the nurse.

"What happened?" I ask as he walks away from the nurse's station. I follow him as he walks down the hallway, looking into the rooms. "Luke-"

"I'm just having her come in to get a CT scan. The small tests I ran when she woke up a little over a week ago was showing signs of a brain injury, which isn't surprising due to everything. But today, Sam told me she zoned out for a while."

"She does that all the time, Luke." I shrug my shoulders, not understanding why he is making her come in... "Is she showing any other signs? You know how she is... how did you convince her to come in?" I ask, but he walks into a patient's room and I stand in the hallway, waiting for him to finish.

"Hello, Doctor Young." I look over to see a familiar nurse named Olivia. She worked in the Emergency Room for a year before transferring to the Neurology unit. "What are you doing in this hall? Just exploring?" She smiles, standing a foot away from me avoiding my personal space.

I take a step away from her and look over at Luke. He is running a few small tests on a patient, and won't be done for a few more minutes.

"I'm here talking to Lu- Doctor Moore about a patient," I answer, and she nods her head.

"Well, it was good to see you. Are you headed out to the bar after work with the rest of the ER team? You know Jason is getting married soon, we are all celebrating." Olivia asks, putting her hand on my arm, obviously flirting...

"Sadly, I have to work through the night. But please, do have fun." I see Luke walking toward me and I remove her hand from my arm. Luke gives me a confused look as he closes the patient's door. I follow behind him, leaving Olivia in the dust.

"As you were saying-" I urge him to tell me more, wanting to know what happened. I feel like he isn't telling me everything, which is aggravating me...

"I'm afraid-" He pauses, waiting for the nurses and doctors to pass us. Then continues, "I'm afraid her condition could be getting worse. But I need to be here, with medical equipment like a CT scan, MRI and even the X-Ray machine. I got her paperwork transferred over to me, and from what I read she hasn't gotten a scan in over five years, Seb."

"Wait, then how is she getting medication?" I ask, and he gives me the same confused look as I am giving him.

"No idea. The doctor himself says he hasn't been prescribing it to her. So how is she getting it?" Luke asks and we both get a page. I look down and it's Sam.