Chapter 9

Samuil

Samuil

|

Nic fell asleep on me before the end of the movie... for a while, I didn't move. Wanting to watch her and soak this all in.

Seb is asleep on her lap, wrapped around her like a Koala Bear. Adorable really-

"'Bastiàn." I tap shake him slightly, not wanting to wake her. "Wake up," I add, and he grumbles, holding her tighter. This makes me whimper at the tightness. "You're hurting her. Allez, réveille-toi." (Come on, wake up.)

Seb groans, releasing her but he moves on his back and snuggles into the blanket. But at least she is free now to be picked up.

I lift her into my arms gently, her head flops back and I lean back ever so slightly so her head is against my chest. Luke is walking back down the stairs, witnessing me carrying her.

I walk to her room and place her down on the bed. She gives me a soft grin, holding her silk pillow tight. I cover her with the blanket up to her shoulders and make sure none of her hair is on her face.

I know how much she hates that feeling and the feeling of dirt on her skin... she hates the skin on chicken and she doesn't like ice in her lemonade.

Nicki loves the feeling of silk on her skin, and so I went out and bought a ton of silk pyjama sets for her. I even told the staff to put silk sheets on her bed and mine. She loves lavender- soaps, perfumes, and even candles...

"Psst." I look over my shoulder and Luke is holding up my pager. I walk over to him and grab it... there is an emergency patient coming in-

"Dammit," I whisper, I'm about to leave the room, but I stop myself. I turn back around and give her a gentle kiss on her temple.

"You shouldn't get attached..." Luke speaks and I close her door. I start walking to my room and he follows.

"You shouldn't be so mean to her-" I add, causing him to tense.

"I'm not mean to her, Sam." Luke gets defensive, but we all see it...

"Taking extra shifts, ignoring her, not even looking at her..." I give him the evidence and I can tell he is angry.

"Watch your tone, Samuil." Luke grabs my upper arm, turning me slightly.

"Luke, this isn't the time." I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "I- I am all for this dominant-submissive relationship we have... mostly because it releases some tension. But-" I breathe, changing into my scrubs. "She's upset... You do this, Luke is hurting her."

Luke doesn't speak, choosing to stay silent.

I sigh, knowing that no matter what I say, he will do his own thing. I grabbed my lab coat, badge, and my stethoscope.

"Just try, Luke." I kiss him on his cheek and leave the room. I walk through the foyer and grab my keys and phone.

When I get to the lobby, I walk to the garage and get into my car. Luckily it was almost midnight, so there is barely any traffic, so I managed to get to the hospital at the same time as my emergency patient.