Chapter 1

Sebastián

Sebastián

|

It is midnight on a Friday night, and I am in a strip club...

It's not my usual scene since I am usually cut into someone in an operating room, but I got off a 48-hour shift and wanted to meet my new roommate. Who does not know I am her new roommate? Not yet, at least.

When I walk in, I am blinded by flashing lights and strobes. I have to put my hand over my ear because of how loud the music is.

I have never enjoyed places like this. I was never the party type. I was always dragged to them by my friends, but I just wanted to stay home to read books. Learn about new things. I wanted to know everything, craving knowledge.

But here I am, in a strip club and not asleep like I should be. But I had to meet the woman Casey told me about.

Casey is the best charge nurse in the emergency room. She is young, but she knows her shit. But she seemed distraught today, not her usual bubbly self, which was severely affecting the emergency room.

"What's the matter?" I walk up to the desk, typing in my patient's information on the computer. This made her look up at me. Dark cycles are visible under her eyes. "And don't say "nothing " because it's obviously something."

"I- I have a friend -"

"Did they get hurt?" I ask, and she shakes her head and then gives me an unsure look.

"My friend Nic -"

"Oh, guy troubles. I am not the person for that -"

"Nic is a woman!" Casey smiles but then shakes her head. "Her full name is Nicolette, but she likes to be Nic or Nicki when I'm mad at her." Casey laughs but continues her story. "Nic, well- she doesn't have it easy... I mean..."

"Is she in trouble?" I ask, curious and worried for this woman I have never met or heard of before today.

"She is homeless." Casey drops one bomb, the next... "and she's a stripper." She whispers, causing my eyebrows to rise. "And since it's getting to the colder months, she has been trying to get into the shelters, but they only allow people to stay there for a few days and- and I would let her stay at my home, but Blake and I just had our babies over a month ago."

"Breathe, Casey," I say, seeing her breathing heavily. "How old is your friend?"

"She's 28, Sebastián." Casey frowns but pulls out her phone and shows me a picture of her friend. When I look at her phone screen, I see the most beautiful woman I have ever seen... She is gorgeous with long brown-haired, smiling so big, and those eyes... I can't look away from her eyes.

"Where does she work again?" I asked, not sure if Casey told me or not.

"She works at Platinum Dolls Gentlemen's Club. Dreadful place, and the manager gives me the creeps." Casey shakes her head, cringing at the thought.