Chapter 31

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. The room was still dark as the curtains and blinds didn't let a slither of light through. I pressed a button on the remote opening them squinting my eyes at the bright sunshine streaming through. I was feeling thoroughly relaxed and pampered after the weekend we spent at the spa and my skin was glowing. It had been bronzed nicely by the sun from all the time I had spent outside this summer enjoying myself.

I rolled over to check the time on my phone admiring my brightly coloured summer nails that I had done at the weekend. It was 9:15am I had slept in this morning usually I woke up earlier, I'd had the best nights sleep though but I was so comfy snuggled in the blanket that I didn't want to get up yet. I let out a yawn and stretched out my body feeling it pop and crack in all the right places. Picking up my phone again to play a game I noticed I had a text from Tate.

"Morning Sleepy
You wanna go out for dinner with me tonight? xx"

I was a little surprised as although we had been getting along fine we hadn't been anywhere just the two of us before. I guess he really wanted to make this friendship work. I replied asking what time then the sound of my tummy growling had me deciding to get out of bed. I put on some fluffy turquoise flip flop type slippers and padded down to the private kitchen that was just for Tate and I, still in my pyjamas which were basically teeny tiny pyjama shorts and a matching vest top.

Looking in the cupboard for my favourite Lucky Charms cereal I was startled when a little girl came running in and grabbed onto my legs. I looked down at the adorable chubby cheeks of this child, that couldn't be more than 3, and she was grinning back up at me. Before I could say anything a flustered lady came running in wide eyes staring at us.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Ms Brooke. This is Serenity my daughter. My mother isn't feeling well today and she normally looks after her when I'm working, I had no one else to help. I promise to keep her out of your way.." Yazmina our maid started looking a little panicked.

"It's ok Yazmina, don't worry at all, she's absolutely adorable" I said looking into Serenitys big pale blue eyes.
"If you want I'm happy to look after her for you until you are finished?" I offered
"Oh Ms Brooke I couldn't put you out like that, it's OK I'll just take her round the house with me while I clean you are a very busy lady.." She began rambling.

"I honestly don't mind having some fun with this little cutie, I have nothing to do today so it would be nice to have some company." I interrupted.

"If you're sure? Thank you so much Ms Brooke, I will be as quick as I can. Thank you. Serenity you be a good girl for Ms Brooke" She said to us both

"It'll be fine Yazmina and you know you can just call me Brooke" I reminded her as she ran out to carry on cleaning.

I looked back down at the little angel still clinging to my legs. "Bwooke pway" she said in the sweetest little voice I'd ever heard.

We watched Disney+ while I ate my breakfast then she came with me to my room, well technically Tates room as he's still staying in one of the guest rooms. I have offered to give him his room back but he's adamant about me keeping it. I quickly got myself ready and shoved my hair up in a ponytail I threw on some denim shorts and a brown tank top. Grabbing my trainers I took Serenity out in the garden to play some games.

After a couple of hours of playing hide and seek, tag and anything else Serenity wanted to play we went in for some lunch. Serenity and I made our own pizzas, she really enjoyed making the base together, I'm pretty sure most of the flour went into her hair when we were mixing it together! While it was cooking I cleaned up the kitchen so Yazmina wouldn't have to and cleaned the flour off of Serenity as much as I could.