Chapter 21

(Brooke, Talia and Kitty's dresses above)

"Wake up! Wake up sleepyhead!!" I heard whilst being shaken out of my peaceful slumber. I cracked my eyes open to the beaming face of Talia sitting on the bed grinning at me. "Morning" I croaked, my voice still thick with sleep. "Morning beautiful, its time to wake up we have lots to do today and we are going shopping!!!" She squealed at the end with excitement. Yawning I sat up rubbing my eyes and noticed the hot cup of coffee sat by the bed. "Talia you are literally an angel" I grinned as I put my hands round the steaming cup and drank the wake up juice. I hadn't even been here 2 weeks and I was already struggling to wake up in the mornings! Talia left so I could get ready I decided to wear some black leggings and a big light blue Hollister hoodie so I was warm and comfy for shopping. I put my hair up in a ponytail so it was out of my face because it looked windy outside. As I got to the kitchen I heard Talia "He couldn't keep his eyes off her all night everytime I looked up he was staring at her, he may say he doesn't want her but he's clearly lying to himself." I coughed as I walked in not wanting to eavesdrop as I had no idea who they were talking about. I grabbed an apple for breakfast as I was still too sleepy to feel hungry, even my shower hadn't woken me up!

Kitty's driver took us to the shopping centre and by the time we reached it I was really excited, Talia's enthusiasm was contagious!! We started out looking for dresses to wear to the charity ball tomorrow. After a couple of hours I found a dress I fell in love with. It was a long red off the shoulder dress, the bottom was plain and flared out and the top was made of lace and diamonds. It fitted perfectly and both Talia and Kitty squealed that it was perfect when I tried it on. Talia had found a long bright pink dress with a slit up the side and thin straps on top it looked amazing and suited her personality! Kitty found a blue and white patterned dress with long blue sleeves and a blue satin bow in the middle. It was knee length and fitted, demure and elegant like she was.

After shopping we loaded the car up and grabbed some lunch in a little café, I had a chilli jacket potato as it was cold outside and Kitty and Talia had soup. We were going to a spa for the afternoon to pamper ourselves and I was so excited!! I'd never been to anything like that before and the more Kitty and Talia talked about it the more amazing it sounded!

We headed to the spa and started off with full body massages. I felt so much tension leave my body as the masseuse kneaded my muscles like he was making bread. There was calming music in the background as well as aromatherapy candles lit around the darkened room. The scent of the oils he was rubbing into my back was heavenly. It was so relaxing I'm pretty sure I fell asleep at some points! After we had finished our massages we were treated to facials and a mud bath whilst sipping from champagne flutes that never seemed to be empty, apparently age didn't matter here!

"So how are you and my brother really getting along?" Talia asks me out of the blue. I was quiet for a moment as I didn't know how to answer that. How were we getting along? I guess we weren't. He never speaks to me, he barely looks at me but when we are out in front of strangers he's the perfect gentleman. If I'm honest with myself I'm nervous about tomorrow as whenever we are out in public and he acts that way I like it, it makes me happy and feel things that are dashed to pieces as soon as we are alone again. I have to pretend when we are out but I wish we weren't pretending and by the end of the night I don't think I am. It's just that he's so good at making it believable that even I start to believe it. "Brooke.." Talia calls me back from my thoughts. "Sorry, what?" I say as I look at them and notice the downturn of their lips even through all the mud on their faces. "You were frowning, is it that bad?" Talia asked. "No, no, of course not, it's fine" I try to reassure them but the look in their eyes says they don't believe me. "My brother is one of the most stubborn idiots I've ever met and has to learn everything the hard way!" Talia grumbles to herself. Luckily it's time to get out of the mud bath and have a shower so we can go have our nails done so that pretty much ends the conversation.

After getting out of the shower and covering my body in the thick apple smelling moisturiser they have I go and meet the girls. We get pedicures first and I decide to have my toenails painted a nice vibrant red to match my dress. Talia chose to paint hers white and Kitty chose dark blue. My feet feel so soft after they've finished, all the hard skin that seemed to have coated my feet like a second layer is completely gone it's absolutely amazing! My hands are overworked and dry due to being a maid for my aunt and uncle and a cleaner at the hospital. I never had moisturisers or anything, I didn't even have gloves at my aunt and uncles house so they have always been sore and cracked. The lady looked a bit surprised at the state of my hands, from what I can tell this is a rather expensive spa for the very rich and not many people come here with hands that have usually been covered in bleach or disinfectant! She was very kind and gentle though and by the time she finished they looked a lot better than when I'd come in. Kitty decided to have dark blue nails the same colour as her toes and Talia went for a hot pink the same colour as her dress. I decided to have a a French manicure so the tips of my nails were painted white. I had seen Chelsea have it before and I'd always wanted it done as it made her hands look so nice.

Byron and Tate were already home from work when we got back. Talia was laughing at something as we walked though the door and gave her dad a massive hug when he said hello. As soon as Tate greeted her she scowled at him and stormed past him. After the momentary shock wore off he turned and glared at me like it was my fault and walked off himself. I had no idea what just happened so I just shrugged at Byron and Kitty and headed to the library to find a good book to read before dinner.

I was so engrossed in the romance book I was reading I lost track of time and was startled by a knock on the doorframe. "There you are, I've been looking for you everywhere!" Tate said clearly irritated by this. I felt my heart jump a little at the thought he was looking for me. "Well, you've found me." I smiled at him. "Mum sent me to tell you dinners ready." He said abruptly and turned around and left. I don't know why I feel disappointed I should've known he wouldn't come find me unless he was told to. I don't know what's wrong with me, I can't stand the guy but at the same time I can't stop thinking about the times he acts like my husband. My head tells me it's all fake but my heart is so desperate for love it's pathetic. I pulled myself together and got out of the comfy chair I was reading in by the fire. I set my book down on the table so I could carry on reading it later, I needed to know what happened next with Mr Darcy and Elizabeth! I left the library and joined everyone for dinner.

Justin was serving up beef stew and dumplings with mashed potato on the side. "Justin, this smells delicious! Thank you" I complimented the chef on his amazing work. He smiled and thanked me as I sat down. Dinner was awkward, Talia still wouldn't talk to Tate and refused to look at him and Tate completely ignored my presence as if I wasn't there. Byron and Kitty kept the conversation flowing but after a while even they got tired of the atmosphere and we all ended up eating in silence. I couldn't finish what was on my plate and excused myself early as I was full. When I'd reached the end of the hall I heard shouting, it sounded like Talia was having a go at Tate for something. I hope whatever it is they can clear the air and sort it out tonight they are usually so close.

I got some comfy pyjamas on and after I brushed my teeth I got into bed it wasn't long before I fell asleep. A few hours later I woke up to the sound of my bedroom door opening, keeping my eyes close and pretending to be asleep I listened to the footsteps creeping towards me. "Brooke, Brooke are you awake?" Tate whispered. Silently telling my hyperactive heart to shut up I evened my breathing so he would go away. I did not want to hear what he wanted to say, it was time to follow my head and ignore this gullible heart of mine. I would no longer let him affect me in any way and tomorrow I would remember to keep my distance.

Authors Note

There you go Elizabethveerachamyu I got the chapter out tonight just for you. Hope you like it! I will start writing the next chapter tomorrow but writing doesn't come easy to me so it will take a while for me to finish it. I will post it as soon as I'm done though, hopefully in the next few days.

Thank you to everyone else who is reading my book and voting and commenting and those of you that have added it to your reading lists. It is much appreciated. 😁