Chapter 7

I didn't know where I was going I just ran through the house. Anywhere to get away from him and what he was about to do to me. I ended up in what looked like a cinema, there was a huge TV on the wall, I'd never seen one so big, and loads of sofas, armchairs, love seats, recliners and bean bags spread around the place. there was a drinks fridge and snack cupboard along with a popcorn machine at the back of the room and a pile of blankets. I grabbed a blanket and made my way over to one of the armchairs finding the TV remote on the way.

I was done crying. I was done taking everyone's crap, if I was trapped in this place I was going to make the most of it. I flicked through Netflix looking for a box set I could watch, I had seen Chelsea watch them constantly at my aunt and uncles and I remember some crime one she used to watch that looked good. I put on the first episode and lost myself in it.

I must've watched about 7 episodes, I was completely addicted to it when I heard someone clear their throat at the door. I looked up to see Tate standing there, I didn't want to speak to him so I just turned around and carried on watching the TV. Just as something exciting was about to happen it went black, surprised I looked around to see Tate standing at the side of the TV having just turned it off. "What?" I huffed glaring at him. "Mum wants a family dinner, wash up and go to the dining room" he said and walked out.

It took me a while to find my bedroom again as I hadn't been paying attention before, I really need to explore this house properly so I know where everything is. Tate was in the bedroom when I got there he was wearing a pair of navy blue chinos and about to put on a white shirt. I was momentarily distracted by his physique but snapped out of it when I saw the smirk on his face. "See something you like?" He said with an eyebrow raised. I scoffed and walked into the closet looking for something to wear to dinner.

I found a nice pale pink dress with 3/4 length sleeves and a boat neck neckline. It was fitted at the top, the skirt flared out and came to just above my knees. It had a pretty dark pink pattern on the skirt but the top half was plain. I went into the bathroom and washed my face and hands, put my dress on and took my hair out of it's messy bun. I dragged a brush through it leaving it down in natural waves. I didn't own any make up so didn't bother to put any on. I left the bathroom and was surprised to see Tate waiting for me.

I gave him a quizzical look silently asking what he wanted. "Mum needs to think we are getting on, so behave tonight ok?" He all but spat at me. I just rolled my eyes and nodded. He went to grab my hand but stopped when he saw the bruises he'd left this morning. "Did I do that?" He asked quietly not making eye contact with me at all. He actually had the decency to look ashamed of himself. "That's what happens when you hold someone down against their will" I snapped at him and caught him wince at my words. He went into the wardrobe and came out with some white and pink thick bangles. "Put these on" he said, his voice a bit gentler than usual. I did as he asked and he took my hand leading me to the dining room.

The walk was silent and I took the time to learn my way around this place. I tried to commit paintings and ornaments to memory whenever I turned a corner as this place was so big you could get lost in it.

We walked in the dining room still holding hands, his mum and dad were already sat down waiting for us. We took our seats opposite them where our places had already been layed. Kitty and Byron smiled at us as we sat down and I couldn't help but smile back at them due to the effort they had put in. The dinner smelt delicious it was lasagna, garlic bread and salad, one of my favourite meals. The chef finished putting the food in the centre of the table and left us to it.

"So how are you settling in dear?" Byron asked me as we began tucking in. "Umm, ok thank you. Your house is absolutely beautiful, I'm slowly learning my way around it" I laughed. Byron and Kitty laughed with me but Tate just kept his head down ignoring the conversation like the miserable man he was. "Oh, I fixed that misunderstanding with the hospital for you, they are aware you no longer work there now" Byron said immediately ruining my mood. "Um.. Thanks" I mumbled suddenly interested in the food in front of me. "I know it's hard dear and quite the change and I'm sorry you weren't given a choice in the matter but it will work out in the end, I promise" Kitty said sympathetically. Tates head snapped up at his mums words suddenly interested in the conversation. "It's got to be a step up from being a maid living in a freezing cold basement right?" Byron said. I looked at him shocked, how on earth did he know that?! He smiled at my surprise "they may have thought they could fool us putting your suitcase upstairs but your uncle forgets how he used to brag about where he kept you, as if mistreating a child was something to be proud of" he said through gritted teeth. I noticed Tate look at me from the corner of my eye but I ignored him, I was still processing the information I'd just been given.

Authors Note

What do you think??
Who do you picture the characters as??
Please vote and comment if you like it 😊 and thank you for reading my story. ❤