Chapter 23

Tates face twisted in anger as he looked at the couple before us, it was not a look I would ever want to be on the receiving end of. "What do you want?" He all but spat at them. "I just wanted to congratulate the happy couple" she smirked. "How's the life of a rebound?" She said to me, a smug look on her face. The guy behind her laughed like I should be bothered by her comment. I wasn't sure who the guy was but I had a feeling this girl was Mya. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your sloppy seconds Tate?" She sneered at him. "I'm Mya" she said to me confirming my earlier assumptions and held her hand out for me to shake. I looked at her hand then at her annoyed now, not because of what she said to me I'd been called names all my life so it didn't bother me but I was annoyed at the way they both stalked over to belittle Tate and the anger I felt radiating off him was a little contagious. "I would shake your hand but looking at the moron behind you I'm pretty sure where's it been" I heard Tate trying not to laugh behind me as her mouth gaped open like a fish. "Come on baby," I said snaking my arm around Tates waist "there are people I actually want to talk to here." I sent her a fake smile and walked off with Tate leaving them both staring after us.

"So I guess that's your ex?" I said to Tate when we were far enough away from them. "Nice girl!" I said sarcastically. "Yea, sorry I didn't realise she'd be here" Tate said a little apologetically. "Sorry about what she said to you" he continued "Although you held your own, didn't realise you were so fiesty!" He said with a slight upturn of his lips. I mirrored his smirk "neither did I!" I laughed "she just rubbed me up the wrong way." " So who was that behind her?" I asked him. Tate tensed at the thought of him, his eyes drifting back to them. "That is Chad, my cousin" he answered through clenched teeth. I was surprised and wanted to prod further but by the look on Tates face I didn't dare. He didn't offer any further information so I kept quiet. I was lost in thought thinking about Mya and Chad, I can kind of get a rough idea of what happened Mya obviously left Tate for Chad but I don't know the details, whether she cheated or anything. I don't understand why though, if Tates behaviour as a boyfriend is the same as how he acts when he's being a doting husband then I swear he's the perfect guy. Unless it really is an act and he's actually just a douchebag in real life, but again that doesn't make any sense because of the way he is with his family and even the staff, he's polite and kind to.

I turned my head to look at Mya, there was no denying she was beautiful. She had long straight platinum blonde hair that reached half way down her back, it was thick and shiny and looked soft to touch. Her big blue eyes were almost turquoise in colour with long lashes coated in mascara. She had thin lips that she coated in red lipstick and lined them to make them look bigger and her small nose was slightly upturned suiting her stuck up personality. They would've made a beautiful couple and the babies would've been stunning. Looking at Chad he paled in comparison to Tate in every way. His mousy brown hair was limp and lifeless and hung either side of his face in 90s style curtains. He had small eyes that constantly seemed narrowed into slits like he was constantly looking down on everyone. His body was slim and you could see the definition of his muscles but compared to Tate he looked like a pre pubescent teenager. I was brought out of my thoughts by Tate calling my name. "Sorry, what?" I blushed looking at him feeling slightly giddy at the way my name sounded on his lips. "This is Mr and Mrs White, they have their own Formula 1 team which they created from scratch" Tate introduced me to the couple in front of us, I was a little surprised at how young they were, they must've only been early 30s. Mrs White and I conversed for a while whilst Tate and Mr White has a good chat. Her name was Gracie and we got on really well, I was amazed at the story of how she had met her husband and how they had started married life living on practically nothing but toast. They had had an idea about building a racing car and had gone to owner of Ford with their idea. He had believed in them and given them money to build it and secure a place for them in the race. They had found a teenager at a karting arena that had potential and had offered him the seat to race in their car, he had had a rough life and they wanted to help him get away. He was now a multimillionaire racer and had won a few world championships. They had also adopted several children who had ended up in care giving them a future that they never could've dreamed of. The more I talked to this woman the more I liked her.