Chapter 14

"So what do you think?" Tate asked me after showing me around "I think I need a map!" I replied making Tate chuckle.

"You'll get used to it quickly enough," he reassured me, "It's like a maze, just keep going left and eventually you'll find your way out!" I laughed at that.

The house really was amazing, it had 6 guest bedrooms all with built in wardrobes and en suites as well as room for a couch and huge tvs on the walls. Tate and I were in the west wing of the house where we also had our own private kitchen come diner and sitting room. I lost count of how many tvs they owned as there seemed to be at least one in every room!! Tates parents lived in the East Wing, we didn't look over there as it was their own private space but Tate pointed out where it was. He showed me the cinema room which I had memorised my way too as I would be spending a lot of time in there, I was dying to know what happened next in the series I'd been watching. There was also a games room which was the room Tate was in when I had first met him, there was some awesome stuff in there, the usual pool table and consoles but also things like air hockey, a football table and some retro arcade games. I absolutely loved it. It also had a bar so when his friends come over they usually hang out in the games room. He has promised to teach me how to play pool as I've always wanted to learn.

There was a music room which was beautiful and Tate surprised me when he told me he could play the piano and guitar, hopefully I'd hear him play one day. I found music as a wonderful escape, I only ever got to listen to it on the hospital radio or when Chelsea had music blaring whilst singing off key at the top of her lungs to whatever song she was listening too.

The gym was huge and had a few of each machine, I guess so you could work out together and there was also a squash court next to it as well as a tennis court outside. There were so many things I wanted to try, I wasn't ever going to be bored.

One of the most amazing parts of this house was the garden, it went on for miles I'm sure of it! There was decking with sun loungers and all kinds of outdoor furniture, porch swings, outside couches, it looked like something out of a photo shoot. In front of the decking was a ginormous swimming pool, it begun rectangular with steps built in but it also had separate round and square pools attached to it that you could swim down to, a bridge went over one part of it and in one of the smaller pools there were rocks built up one side with what looked like a waterfall running down them. The ground around it all was all white smooth stone, like a patio type but bigger stones. It had a jacuzzi to one side that could probably fit about 10 people in and had built in seats. On the other side was a built in brick barbecue made from the same stone as the ground. I couldn't wait for summer.

Beyond the swimming pool was green grass leading to pathways between perfectly pruned flower beds and a fountain in the middle. Either side of the garden were trees and on one side I noticed a tree house but it was like a little village of them with wooden pathways and stairs built between them all. They were big enough for adults to be in and I couldn't wait to explore them.

By the time we finished the tour and explored it was practically time for dinner and I was starting to get a little hungry. I had unexpectedly had a nice time with Tate it had been quite easy between us and we had chatted and laughed throughout the day.

My stomach rumbled, well I say rumbled, more like thundered, pulling me out of my thoughts and making me blush a little at the horrendous noise! "I guess I know where you want to go next then" Tate laughed as I giggled like a school girl and nodded. Man, since when do I giggle like this, I don't know what is more embarrassing the thunder rumble or the moronic giggle!

We walked into the kitchen to find Kitty and Byron already there. The chef was making a chicken stir fry and it smelt delicious, once again my stomach making an obscene noise to announce our entrance. Everyone began laughing at the horrified look on my face and I soon joined in.

Throughout dinner we all chatted and got to know each other better, Tate even joined in the conversation and it was a really pleasant evening. I was actually beginning to enjoy myself and for once wasn't worrying about anything.

After dinner we walked back to our room and Tate was telling me about some of the pictures that were on the walls. Most of them were expensive collections but some were from unknown artist that had caught Kittys eye and others were what Kitty had drawn herself. I'd learnt that she really enjoyed art and by the pictures I'd seen she was incredible at it.

It was a cold night so when I got back to our room I put on some thick cosy fleece pyjamas that were pink and white and snuggled into the bed.

"Do you want to watch a film in bed?" Tate asked. I looked around the room surprised to notice there wasn't a TV on any of the walls or anywhere in this room. "Yea, sure" I answered wondering when he'd notice the lack of screen. He smirked at me obviously aware of what I was thinking as he picked up a remote next to the bed and pressed a button. A massive flat screen tv came up from the bottom of the bed and my mouth literally dropped open. Searching through the billions of films listed we decided on Guardians of the Galaxy as I hadn't seen it, well I hadn't seen anything really but I had been told it was good. As we settled in to watch it he pressed another button on the remote and the lights turned off.

I could get used to this!