Chapter 5

Mrs Lexington is overjoyed, she suddenly becomes very kind to me and insists I call her by her first name Kitty as I'm family now. She shows me to Tates room and just walks in, it's bigger than the whole downstairs of my aunt and uncles house. He is sitting on his bed back in just his sweatpants with headphones in and just ignores us. Kitty shows me the walk in wardrobe "I hope you don't mind but I got you some clothes" she says. Some?! One side of it is full with girls clothes. Everything from dresses to pjs. This wardrobe is bigger than my room was. "Thank you" I say not really sure what else to say. "That's ok dear, the bathroom is the door on the other side of the bedroom, I'll leave you two to it" she says and then walks out.

To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I don't know what to do so I grab a comfy looking pair of pjs and decide to get changed in the bathroom. I nearly bump into him as I walk out of the wardrobe, he's standing right there. "Hey wifey" he says sarcastically "so how much did they pay you huh, you know you're basically just my prostitute now, you'd better be worth the money" the venom in his words shocks me "take it off then, let me have a look at you" he says "wh.. what?" I stutter "I said take it off, your mine now and apparently you follow orders well, take your dress off, I wanna see what kind of a slut money buys" the anger on his face makes me do what he asks. I tremble as I take the top part over my head and pull the dress down trying to cover myself up while I stand there being stared at. I didn't think this night could get any more humiliating but apparently it can. "Stop covering yourself" he demands and I let my arms fall to my sides. "Look at me" he orders. I look at him trying my best to hold the tears back but my eyes are watering anyway. "Look at you all dressed up in white, I bet you're not even a virgin are you, just said that to get your hands on some money" he spat the words at me, disgust evident all over his face. I can't help the tears that escape and I run into the bathroom locking the door behind me.

I turn the shower on, put my hair up and get in hoping the water will muffle my sobs and I cry, I cry the unshed tears I've held in for the last 7 years. I cry for my old life and my parents that were so cruelly taken away from me too early. I cry for the childhood I never had and the hatred that was directed at me from people who were supposed to love me. I cry for my freedom that I now know I'll never have and I cry for the monster that I'm now legally bound to. I don't know how long I'm in the shower I scrub the make up off my face and wrap myself up in the soft white towel that is warmed from the radiator it was on. At least I'm not freezing that's a step up. I put my pjs on a pair of burgundy loose pyjama trousers and a cream long sleeved pyjama top. I check my face in the mirror and wish I hadn't, my face is red and puffy from crying and my eyes are blood shot and swollen, I look awful. I take a deep breath and walk out of the bathroom. Tate is sat on the bed headphones on ignoring me again. I look around and notice a pillow and duvet thrown on the couch so I guess that's where I'm sleeping. It looks more comfy then the camp bed. At least I can fit on this without my legs hanging off the end. I walk over to the couch and lay down snuggling into the soft pillows. Curling myself up in the duvet I fall into an uneasy sleep exhausted from the days events.