Chapter 16

I woke up nervous, I went to breakfast with Tate nervous and couldn't eat anything that was put in front of me, even the long warm shower I had couldn't calm me down I was a wreck. I couldn't do this, there was no way I wasn't going to mess it up. I was an embarrassment, I knew that, my aunt and uncle had drilled it in to me enough times, worthless, good for nothing... How could someone like me pull this off. They would know the marriage was a sham Tate and his family would be ridiculed and...

"Brooke, what are you doing?" My self deprecating thoughts were interrupted by Tate walking into the room. I was so engrossed in my own head I hadn't even heard him come in, I was just sat on the end of the bed with a towel wrapped round me and my hair dripping everywhere.
"Ummm, I.. I.. was.." stuttering whilst thinking of something to say I just burst into tears. "Hey, what's wrong?" Tate asked as he came over and crouched down in front of me. "I'm going to mess it up Tate, I'll ruin it all for you and your parents and you'll be humiliated all because of me, I'm useless!" I told him between tears. Tate took my hands in his and rubbed soothing circles over them with his thumbs. "Firstly, you are not useless, secondly, you won't do anything wrong, I will be with you the whole time and if you ever get stuck on what to say I'll answer for you, I promise it will be ok and thirdly, people believe what they want, I've had awful things written about me before I really don't care and neither do my parents it's fine so stop worrying." He reassured me. I looked at him and my lips turned up in a small smile as a thank you and he smiled his breathtaking smile back then he sat next to me on the bed and rubbed my arms. "Now get dressed, you're absolutely freezing!" He said with a smile and left me to it. Blushing I realised I was sitting here in a towel which didn't leave much to the imagination!

I got dressed quickly as Tate was right I was freezing, I hadn't realised how cold I actually was. I wore some comfy clothes, grey sweats and a blue long sleeve top as apparently I was going to be changing into different outfits for the photo shoot. I splashed some cold water on my face to try and calm the puffy redness round my eyes from crying, it didn't really help but hopefully the make up artist that was coming could fix that. I just left my hair wet and put a brush through it as a hair stylist was also coming and I had strict instructions not to do anything but wash it.

What Tate said had really helped, I was still nervous, nervous enough that I still wouldn't be able to eat but I wasn't panicking and felt like a little weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

I opened the door and Tate was still standing there. "Feeling better?" He asked. "Yes, thanks to you" I replied. He smiled and took my hand, I looked at him a bit shocked. "They are all here, acting starts now, even when they are getting us all ready we need to pretend to be in love, so no one suspects." He said answering my unasked question. "Oh, I see" is all I replied. I realised it was just for show and he hadn't just been waiting to check I was OK. I laced my fingers through his and we walked together to the interview room. My hand felt warm in his and seemed to fit perfectly, as cliché as it sounds our hands were like puzzle pieces made to fit together. I suddenly felt nervous walking next to him and I really hoped he didn't notice the speed of my pulse or how clammy my hand was beginning to get.

As we got there it was a bit packed. Kitty was sitting chatting to the interviewer the make up artist had set up her own studio on the table as had the hair stylist next to her, the photographer was with a few people at the other end of the room setting up back drops and lights and goodness knows what else he needed and two divider screens had been set up either side for Tate and I to change behind I guess along with racks of clothes to choose from that a couple of people were looking through.

"Ah, hello lovebirds" the interviewer greeted us. I smiled shyly at her and felt Tate squeeze my hand in reassurance making my smile widen. "Hello Marissa, how have you been?" Tate greeted her like they were old friends and my nerves eased slightly at the brilliant smile she sent us. "I'm just wonderful, and have been so excited to meet your lovely bride." Tate introduced me and I actually enjoyed talking to her, she was so nice. Before I knew it we had been whisked into different parts of the room and the hair and make up began. As he was pulled away Tate gave me a small kiss on my cheek making me blush a slight pink colour, apparently this was the right thing to do as everyone who watched the interaction all smiled and made comments on young love.

I chatted to Elaine and Debbie as they did my hair and make up, they were genuinely lovely people and in time we were laughing so much my nerves had gone completely.

Looking at all the make up spread out around me I was pretty sure I had every single product ever made caked on my face but it didn't feel heavy at all and when I looked in the mirror I was surprised by how natural it looked. Debbie had used quite natural colours on my eyes which emphasised my face rather than coloured it in! My skin was flawless and was highlighted in all the right places. She truly worked miracles! For once in my life I actually didn't look horrid. My nails had been French manicured making my hands look elegant enough for the beautiful ring that was on my wedding finger. Elaine had curled my hair in big waves and it hung loosely down my back.

Thanking them both I walked to the divider that had been set up for me and met my stylist Laura. She was only a couple of years older than me and really chatty. She had me in hysterics as she helped me into my first outfit, a white jumpsuit. The trousers were straight and so long they nearly covered the white 6 inch stilettos I was wearing and the top part was made completely of lace. It was long sleeved and low cut with a belt to emphasise my waist. I felt a million dollars when I looked in the mirror at myself.

I walked out from behind the divider actually looking forward to the photo shoot and praying that I would actually be able to walk in the shoes that were already killing my feet! My jaw nearly hit the floor and I took a quick breath in when I saw Tate. He was wearing black jeans that were tight enough to show off his sculpted behind but not too tight to look like they were cutting off his blood supply and a bright blue long sleeve shirt. The shirt showed off his muscles well and it wasn't tucked in and had a few buttons undone at the top to look casual. His hair had been styled in a messy way enough to look like he'd been running his hands through it but not too messy like he hadn't bothered. He genuinely looked amazing and I was completely lost for words.

Authors note

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok. Sorry it's taken me a while to update I've been kinda stuck on what to write. I'm still not 100% happy with this chapter but I wanted to get something out for you. 🤩