Chapter 15

I woke up to an empty bed, the side next to me was cold so I guess Tate had been up a while. I looked at the clock and realised how late it was, I'd slept in till 11.30!! I can't remember the last time I'd done that!

I had a shower and threw on some dark blue skinny jeans with a white hoodie. I found some warm fluffy slippers enjoying the softness surrounding my feet and headed off to the kitchen in search of everyone.

Tate and his parents were sat at the table whilst the chef was cooking soup. I haven't actually had the chance to introduce myself to him yet as he disappears the moment I turn round so I didn't give him the chance today and walked straight towards him.

"Hi, my names Brooke, I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing food you cook and this soup smells delicious. What's your name?" I asked. To say he looked surprised would be an understatement, his mouth dropped open and he stared at me for a full on minute before he gathered his wits and answered. "Sorry it's just none of Master Tates friends has ever spoken to me before, my name is Justin ma'am and thank you" he replied. "Oh, please just call me Brooke" I smiled and we chatted whilst he finished making the soup and fresh bread. I learnt that he was married with 2 young children a boy and a girl.

When I turned round I noticed everyone looking at me, Tate was a bit shocked and his parents just had knowing smiles. "What?" I asked. "Nothing" they all said and got back to their conversation.

I sat in my usual place next to Tate and they began to explain what the next week would bring. On Tuesday we had a photo shoot and interview with a magazine to announce our marriage so Monday would be spent with a publicist coaching me on what I could and couldn't say. Wednesday would be out to dinner with investors at a fancy restaurant and Thursday Tates sister Talia would be arriving home from Paris so we would be having a family dinner with her and I could get to know her. Friday was to be spent shopping to get a dress for a party on Saturday night. Why I couldn't just wear one of the hundred beautiful dresses in my wardrobe was beyond me! I was nervous just thinking about it all but I was really excited to meet Talia.

After eating I decided to chill for the day watching Netflix in the cinema room so I could carry on with the series I was watching. I was so engrossed in what I was watching I didn't notice Tate had come in and sat down until I heard him crunching on some popcorn, making me jump. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt I just came to give you this." He said handing me something. I looked in my hand to see a brand new phone, I think it was the Samsung S20 or something, it looked like it had 6 cameras on the back! "I programmed your numbers on it for you so you can call your friends." He said rubbing the back of his neck and looking a bit embarrassed. "Uh... Thank you." I replied not really sure what to say. "I'm sorry I took your phone and broke it, this one is all set up and paid for so you can do whatever you like on it." He added. "Oh, you didn't have to do that, thank you so much!" I answered completely surprised at his kindness. "I wanted to" he said with a small smile.

"So, this seems really good" he said pointing to the TV programme and breaking the awkward silence between us. "Uh, yeah, it's called Criminal Minds" I replied and we spent the rest of the afternoon watching it whilst Tate showed me how to use my new phone.

The rest of the week passed by quickly enough, I enjoyed the family dinners we had together and things were easier between Tate and I. I had spoken to Heather and filled her in on everything that had happened and agreed to meet up with her for a coffee in the next couple of weeks. Tate said he'd programmed the numbers on my phone but it couldn't have taken long as apart from my aunt and uncles home number (as I wasn't allowed to have their mobiles) Heather was the only other number on there! He had also added the mobile numbers of him and his parents and the land-line number.

Monday morning I'd got up and ready early, as the publicist was coming today to inform me what I could and couldn't do and say at the interview. Tate and his dad had gone back to work as they'd had last week off so I could settle in. I'd settled on a pair of black leggings and a long grey thick jumper with slippers of course. I'd found quite a few pairs in my wardrobe and so I put on my grey fluffy bootee slippers as it was freezing today.

I was just finishing blow drying my hair when there was a knock at the bedroom door. Opening it I saw Kitty standing there looking sensible in a white trouser suit and suddenly I felt under dressed. "Is what I'm wearing ok?" Was the first thing I blurted out before even saying hello, I was beginning to feel a bit self conscious with no make up and comfy clothes when she looked quite glamorous in comparison. "Of course dear, you look beautiful as always, I thought I'd come with you today as you might be a little nervous thrust into all this as I imagine it's not something you're used to, would that be ok?" She asked me. "Honestly, that would be amazing" I replied grateful that she understood. A brilliant smile lit up her face making her look 10 years younger instantly.

We walked to a very basic room, it was white and had large floor to ceiling windows on one side, a large mahogany table and chairs in the middle and a what looked like a mahogany kitchen counter on the other side with tea and coffee facilities and a fridge underneath. I remember it vaguely from the tour Tate gave me and I think he said something about it being a planning room or something like that but I didn't pay much attention to it.

The meeting with the publicist went really well and lasted most of the day. Kitty explained things I didn't understand and the publicist herself was really nice. I learnt a lot about the public side of this life I was exposed to and hopefully things I'd never actually have to think about like TV interviews and red carpet etiquette!! I basically had to act like a loving doting wife and agree with everything he said so tomorrow shouldn't be too hard but I was still extremely nervous and went to bed that night exhausted and worried. Hopefully I could pull this off and not mess anything up for the family that had been so kind to me.

Authors Note

So what do you think?? I didn't realise how hard it was to fill chapters to explain things but also try not to make them pointless or boring! I know where I want the story to go but it's hard to think of what to put in each chapter without just writing the whole story in a few paragraphs!!
You think Brooke can pull off the interview tomorrow??
Anything you think I could've added to this chapter to make it better??

Thanks again for reading and helping me out. Please vote if you like it. 😀