Chapter 31

After our sentimental moment Logan decided to show us how rich he really was. He took us out on his yacht. It was huge and the boys thought they had hit the jack pot.

Later that day, he had taken it upon himself to design a new boat. This was no ordinary boat. Well I say boat but it’s really a yacht. He said he would name it DELI which stood for Dorian, Emmanuel, Leigh and Israel. He was a dream come true.

After that we went for ice cream we decided on a walk in the park. I couldn’t believe that after all of this time everything felt perfect. Everything was calm.

Israel had to go to the restroom so Emmanuel and Dorian went with him. Since other children were around they didn’t want their mother going along with them.

“It’s really sweet of you taking the boys out on the yacht. They will be talking about this for a while now.” I said while lowering my head. Although I was happy that they were happy I couldn’t help but worry.

How long would Logan be around for? Would they blame me for every man that comes into my life that decides to also leave? I pray that they don’t.

“It’s nothing. Actually I wanted to talk to you about 2 things.” He said shifting from one foot to the next.

Our eyes met. He still had that effect on me. It’s ok for me to pretend that he loved me right?

“What?” I asked a bit skeptically.

“I would like for you and the boys to move in with me. That we I will know you all are safe. Mel can come over at any time and so can your parents. I would let you stay in your own room if it makes you feel comfortable.

The boys can repaint their rooms, they can have their own animals and take trips whenever they want. Please just say yes. You all are like a key to my locked heart.” He grabbed me by the hand while pressing his lips to my knuckles. “Say yes.”

Just as I was about to answer him something caught my attention. I could hear children screaming. But not just any scream. This scream was the type that made your blood boil, the hairs on the back of your neck stand and the kind that made you lose your footing.

I turned to see my children being carried away and put into a car and just like that they drove off.

“Leigh, please eat something.” Logan pushed a bowl of soup in front of my face.

I couldn’t move my arm to grab the spoon. I had learned in an Anatomy class that the bicep of the arm works as the flexor and the triceps as the extensor. Neither worked at this moment.

“Logan, what do I do? I can’t just…” and then it hit me. This was Javier’s doing. He had come to me in the park one day and now he is trying to get back at me. What does he want?

“Logan I think Javier has them.” Just then my phone had rang.

“Hi, Leigh. How are you sweetie? So, I thought you needed a break and decided to take the kids for a while.” Javier said in a menacingly tone. I knew him well enough to know that he was up to something.

“Please Javier, give them back to me. I will do anything.” I said while weeping. Those boys meant everything to me.

“Now that you mentioned it, I would like twelve million dollars in forty-five minutes or you will never find them.”

Was he on drugs? These are his children. How could he do this to me or to them? How could I come up with twelve million dollars?

“Javier,” I whispered and Logan tensed. His jaw muscles began to twitch just as he was taking out his phone and making a phone call.

“Twelve million dollars is a lot of money. How can I get that amount in such a short amount of time?”

I could hear Israel crying in the background.

“Hey! Manny shut him up. I can’t stand to hear him. Sounds like fucking nails on the chalkboard.” He snapped at my children and made them cry.

Something inside of me clicked. “Where do I meet you?” I was ready for war.

I will try to upload more chapters this weekend. when i'm not studying or uploading chapters, i am writing them. i have exams next week and the week after so please be patient ok.

MC