Chapter 18

Today just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I wonder how long they had been following me. Once James calmed Javier down he let him go. Before leaving the park Javier turned to me, looked at me with bad intent and with a growl he said, “This isn’t over by a long shot.” Then he got into his car left.

I was shocked. I turned to check on the kids and they hadn’t the faintest clue of what had just happened. Hal was standing just a few feet away and I heard him say to the caller on the phone, “Target secure Sir. Yes sir, we will stay with her as long as it takes.” He then hung up the phone and walked to the end of the park with James and they just stood there. Watching me and the children.

Since when does he feel the need to send me security? I mean it’s a good thing because if they would not have been here who knows what could have happened.

I must thank Logan for this later.

Around 4:30 we had arrived back home. James and Hal stood outside the door. I offered them to come in but they said that it wasn’t in their job description. Ok I need answers.

“Hello Leigh. I can imagine that you have questions.” He said in his business tone.

“Hello and yes. Why didn’t you tell me that Hal and James were to follow me?”

“I wanted to make sure that you were safe. My PR sent me an email of the magazine that had our picture on the front so I wanted to make sure you were ok. I hope you aren’t upset. I was only thinking of you and the children.”

“Yes it is ok. I am actually glad that they were there because my ex-husband Javier showed up at the park.”

“Yes I know. They are required to keep me updated at all times.” He took a very shaky breath and exhaled. “I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner with me at my parent’s house this evening.”

I was shocked. I couldn’t meet his parents just yet nor ever. Isn’t that what couple who were about to get married did?

“Logan I’m sorry but I have the boys and I can’t make it. Thanks for the lovely gesture. I can only imagine that you have a very lovely family.”

“That’s fine. I thought I would ask. I will see you tomorrow morning ok. Don’t be late.” He said with a small giggle.

This weekend was great but I couldn’t forget that he is my employer.

“Yes, sir.” And then I hung up.

The kids and I had dinner, played twister and watched a movie. I gave them their baths and sent them to bed. Motherly duties always called. I took out their clothes for the week and began to iron.

Being a single mother is hard but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. I looked at the clock and it read 10:40 p.m. if I don’t go to bed now I will be no good in the morning.

It was time for me to go to bed and start fresh for the next day. Oh my but what about Hal and James? I ran to the door and peeked out to see two different men standing in their places. Seems as if they have been switched out for two more men for the night shift.

It put a smile on my face that he would go through so much trouble.

**

Monday morning came, the children were picked up as usual and I headed to work. All throughout the day we share smiles and he would always find a way to caress my skin. Once I actually found him looking at my derriere. Men!

Around lunch I had to sneak away to go sign up for a new membership. I was determined to lose this weight. I wanted to regain my confidence.

The week went by in a flash and before I knew it Thursday had arrived. What a quick week. I kept my promise and went to the gym during lunch time. I feel so much better now that I am on the healthy track. I was actually looking forward to the weekend because I wanted to take the kids to a very popular pizza place that had a lot of games and a giant rat that they thought was cool.

I was in my office working on some documents when I heard a knock at the door.

“Come in.” I was still typing away at the document. I really wanted to get out of here on time today. The week may have went by quickly but I was still beat.

“Hello I am looking for Logan Haynes.” This woman was drop smacking dead gorgeous. Ok I know that doesn’t make any since but she was beautiful. She may have been around 5’9” and a body to die for. She was a blond with green eyes.

There was something about her that seemed vaguely familiar. I shook it off and was trying to remember if Logan had any more appointments for the day.

“Who may I ask wants to see him?” I tried not to sound jealous. I think it came out in an assistant type way.

“Could you tell him that Desiree is dying to see him?” she said while not making eye contact and flipping her hair over her shoulder.