Chapter 25

“Hi. I’m Devin. I just moved in across the hall. I’m sorry to come by so late but time kinda got away from my today and I just wanted to come introduce myself before the work week. I’m sorry but I am rambling. I do that when I’m nervous.” He said all in one breath.

Devin was tall with a five o’clock shadow. He had blue-green eyes and brown hair. Oh my, his hair! He looked as if he had just rolled around in bed and decided that he would go out like that. It was hot. He was hot.

“Hello, I am Leigh.” I said with a smile and extending my hand. “Welcome to the neighborhood. Ummm, it is late and my children are in the bed. Thanks for stopping by. If you ever need anything don’t hesitate to come by.”

“Sure.” He ran his hand through his hair. “Thanks. Oh and have a good night ok. See ya.” Then he turned around and walked back to his door.

I closed mine quickly and peeked through the peephole. I saw that he turned to look at my door and hesitated. As if trying to figure out what to do next he opened the door and went inside.

Wow. That man is fine. Hmmm, I bet he comes with a lot of secrets and lies. I mean why not. They all did. The hotter they are the more they lie.

Without another thought I went to bed.

**

The next morning Larry came as usual. I decided on a short sleeved black jumpsuit for today. It was sexy and still professional. It flared at the foot and had a grey belt to go around my waist. I bought it back when I wanted to lose weight and also for motivation and it just now fits. I donned my grey opened toe wedges to show off my red toes.

Today I felt different. I was still hurt but I couldn’t show it. So instead of my red lipstick I donned pink. My eye make-up was also heavier and I straightened my hair and curled it on the ends. To say the least I looked good.

As I walked out the door, Devin walked out at the same time.

“Good morning” he said.

“Good Morning. I wish I could stay and chat but I am off to work. Can’t be late. Don’t wanna get fired.” I said with a sarcastic giggle. If it wasn’t for my children I would have quit. I have saved quite a bit of money up so even if I were to quit they would still live comfortably for a little while.

I was tired of living in an apartment. Maybe I could wait at least until I was able to buy a house with a back yard. I owe them that. So for now I will tough it out.

“Yea I understand. I am starting a new job today. I will see you around Leigh.”

“Yea, see ya.”

I felt a slight blush coming on. He wore a grey suit this morning. Now he wasn’t only hot but he was hot and professional. I can’t believe I am thinking of him like this.

Traffic was light this morning. Which is always a good thing. By the time arrived to work Logan’s car was there. I was kinda hoping that he would take a personal day so I wouldn’t have to see him.

That was my luck though. I went about my normal routine. I went into my office first to start my computer, went to make his coffee and then to check for any faxes. When his coffee was ready, I knocked lightly on the door and walked in. He was typing away at his computer as always.

I had to be professional. “Good Morning, Sir. Here is your coffee and faxes, I will send you a copy of the events for today and you have a Mr. Smith to see you this morning. Something about him will be on your security detail.”

I couldn’t look at him. I sat down his coffee and stack of papers and turned to leave when he got out of his chair and stalked towards me.

He grabbed me by the arm and I flinched. He use to grab me by the arm when he was upset. “Leigh, why haven’t you answered any of my calls or texts. You told me that you were going to the bathroom and you never came back. Mel told me she had talked to me and only that way I knew you were ok.”

“I’m fine sir so please let me do my job. Please allow me to do what you pay me for. I do not wish to see you again. The only reason why I haven’t quit is because I need the money and I owe it to my children to buy them a house with a backyard. So please leave me alone.” He let me go but before I walked out of the door I asked, “Oh and how is your baby mama doing? I don’t think she should be in a club while expecting.” And then closed the door.

I walked into my office and began to open emails and send out a few. I have such a nice office and I never take time to enjoy the view. I walked to the window and opened the blinds. That is so much better. I wonder if I could paint in here.

He has pissed me off enough I think I will do it myself this Friday. Lost in my own thoughts I heard a knock at the door. Why is it I always had someone knocking on the door when I was lost in thoughts?

“Excuse me ma’am I’m…” he trailed off. I turned to look at the person so rudely interrupting my thoughts to see Devin standing in my doorway.

“Mr. Smith here to see Mr. Haynes.”