Chapter 26

Hey Hey Hey!! Sorry I havent updated. I am a college student as well as a mom so it gets kinda hard sometimes to update like i want.

Ok so after the next few updates I'm not sure when the next update will be. I have exams in Anatomy and Physiology and right now i have a 99 average so I am trying to keep it that way.

Hope you enjoy ;-)

This job comes with all kinds of surprises. A boss that has been stalking me, a crazy ex that is now pregnant by a man that says he hasn’t been with her for months and a neighbor that could potentially be a coworker. What next? Devin will be assigned to watch me day and night? I hope to goodness that this doesn’t happen.

I ushered Devin to Logan’s door. I knew just exactly how I would handle this situation.

I gave Devin a smile. “So this is the new job you were starting.” I looked down at my watch. “And right on time.”

He began to blush. “Yes ma’am.”

I opened the door to Logan’s office and he was on the phone yelling at someone.

“Send the paperwork by 1 PM or you will be hearing from me again. Trust me you do not wanna hear from me again.” With that he slammed the phone down.

“Sir, Mr. Smith is here to see you.” And with that I moved out of the way for Devin to enter and I closed the door and returned to my office.

About 15 minutes had passed before Logan or should I now say Mr. Haynes buzzed me into his office.

“Leigh, this is Devin Smith and he is about of my personal security team. Would you please show him around?” Mr. Haynes asked without losing eye contact with me.

“Sure thing, Sir.”

I flipped my hair over my shoulder, looked Devin in the eye and said, “Follow me please.”

He began to blush and I know it may have seemed as if I had turned into a little vixen but I really wanted Logan to pay for the pain he has caused me.

“Oh sir would you like some coffee?”

“No, Leigh thank you I still have some.” Logan answered.

“Sir, I was speaking to Mr. Smith.” I said walking out the door with my eyes fixated on Devin. Before I closed the door I could have sworn I had seen steam coming out of his ears.

I wanted to move on. I needed to move on. But how? What if I get close to this man? What am I thinking, I am a mother and if this man is a part of a security team it’s possible that he could have shot someone or have killed someone.

Before I knew it, it was lunch time. I grabbed my bag and headed to the gym. I wasn’t gonna give up my weight. I felt better about myself.

I stepped into the dressing room and changed into black capri pants and a pink sleeveless shirt with my black sports bra. I was ready to sweat.

After I changed my I stepped onto the treadmill, stuck in my ear buds and listened to Katy Perry. After about ten straight minutes of running and a short break in walking I decided to run about fifteen more minutes.

As I started to run again I felt a tap on my shoulder. Devin. What is he doing here? Why is he here?

“Devin, how did you know that I was here? I didn’t even let Mr. Haynes know that I was here. My lunch time belongs to me.”

“Ma’am, he has been trying to call you for the past 10 minutes. Your phone is wired to be tracked and it gave me this location. Do you think you could come back to the office really quickly? He said he would extend your lunch break.”

I went and grabbed my bag and left with him. When we arrived back at the office I walked into his office without knocking of course. I was a bit up.

“I was on my lunch break. Is there something you need?”

He turned to look at me and was shocked. “I didn’t know you worked out.”

“Yes I started almost two weeks ago. Is there something you need?”

He stood there looking at me. From head to toe. He started to take a step towards me and stopped.

“I miss you. Please, Leigh…”

“Sir with all due respect I was on my lunch break so if there is something you need I will do it, but to send Devin…”

“Do you know him?” he asked through gritted teeth.

I didn’t really didn’t want to tell him that he lived next door to me because I didn’t want to risk him his job. I also kinda wanted to have a crush on him too. Ok I have a small crush on him. I am single and Logan will be a thing of past.

“What concern is it to you? I am single so who I know doesn’t concern you. Truth is I can’t the difference between you and Javier.”

I stormed out of his office in an angry rage. How dare he try to be the angry or concerned lover.