Chapter 23

Have you ever had someone announce something on your behalf and you are completely unaware of it? That’s how I felt right now. I guess this is what sex do to people.

I turned to look at Logan and he was smiling ear to ear. We haven’t talked about this. I was just beginning to get my confidence back and he does something like this. I don’t think I was really ready for a relationship just yet. I just really needed to feel the touch of a man.

“Well I’ll be darn Leigh! This is awesome! I am so happy for you and I know the boys are gonna love him.”

I couldn’t say anything. I was too shocked to answer. The waiter came to the table to take our orders but I was the first to speak up. “I will have a Grey Goose martini straight up with a twist, 3 shots of tequila and a beer.”

Everyone turned to look at me. “Honey you must really be in the celebratory mood.” Mel gloated. She ordered her drink, then she and Daniel went to dance.

I was going over in my mind what to say to him. Logan turned to me. The man had power and authority running in his veins.

“Logan what was that? Why would you say something like that when we haven’t even discussed it?”

He brushed my hair off of my shoulder and leaned in to kiss my neck. I think I was most definitely ready for round two. When he touched me he made every single nerve in my body come alive. I love the way he makes me feel. So wanted, so alive and most of all confident.

“I would appreciate it if you first run things by me first. I know that you are a man of power and that normally when you click your heels together or snap your fingers things happen. I have been through a lot in my life and I would have you to know that I have changed. I am not the same scared little girl that I use to be.

“So if you wanted to be in a relationship with me then you should have told me first instead of me finding out just like everyone else.?

But this time the drinks had arrived to the table. I took a shot first, then another, knocked back my martini, chugged my beer and then went for my last shot when he placed his hand on mine.

“I apologize. I never meant to make you this upset. I would do anything for you to forgive me.”

“Pease just don’t do anything like that again. If you would wish to announce something concerning me I would rather you tell me first!”

I was fuming. I let Javier push me around and tell me what to do. I am just starting to feel good about myself.

“Listen to me, don’t try to control me nor run my life. I had enough of that with my ex.” With that I kicked back my last shot.

He sat back to ponder on what I just said. I didn’t mean to sound like a bitch but I meant what I said. Mel and Daniel had come back to the booth.

I was feeling the alcohol at this point. By that time one of my favorite songs had come on. “Come on Mel!” before she could answer I had grabbed her and went to the dance floor.

“Leigh is something bothering you?” she asked now worried.

“No why would anything be wrong? Now shut up and show me how you work it!” we danced so care free. I felt so alive.

I began to really get into the song and let the music carry me away when I felt my skin tingle. I was as if my skin had a mind of its own. After the tingle I smelled him and then he wrapped his arms around me.

He bent down low and whispered in my ear, “I’m really sorry Leigh, I don’t know what I was thinking. I am not the same as your ex and I want to prove it to you. I know I can come off as being domineering but I promise I will change however you want me to.”

I had to admire his sensitivity. He didn’t mind apologizing. I wasn’t use to that anymore.

I turned to him and looked him in the eye, “I would love to be your’s.”

He leaned in to kiss me when he felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned to see a furious Desiree standing with her mouth wide open. This is not going to be good.