Chapter 28

It took me a minute to register everything. Logan was standing at my door upset and when I turned to Devin he had a weapon in his hand ready to fire.

“Oh I’m sorry sir.” Devin said lowering his weapon.

“It’s ok stand down. Leigh may I speak to you please?”  He said between grit teeth. Without awaiting an answer he turned and walked off.

I turned to Devin and Mel and gave them an apologetic look as I slipped my feet into my flip flops.

“I was worried when you didn’t answer either of you phones. I know you are upset with me but I needed to speak with you.”

He turned to me and raised his hand to caress my cheek when I took a step back.

He sighed, “Leigh I know that you do not trust me. I must admit I did sleep with Desiree just once after I ended things with her. I must admit it took me by surprise but I did the math. That baby couldn’t be mine.” He said while pacing.

I couldn’t believe my ears. I must have been wasted. “Why are you telling me this?”

He turned to look at me. “Because I can’t sleep, Leigh. I can’t function correctly during business meetings. I want to make this right between us. I want to be a part of your life and of your boys’ life.”

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked again but this time more angry.

“I have had some men on my security team to look into this alleged pregnancy. We are close to finding out who the father is. She is now denied access to my building and home. I am now glad that I did hire Devin because I wouldn’t want her to show up here.”

This was all too much. If I wasn’t already drunk I would have asked for a drink.

“I can take care of myself. Thank you for letting me know.” I turned to go back inside but he grabbed my arm and wrapped the other around my waist.

“I miss you Leigh. I want you. Tomorrow I will send a car for you and the boys. I want to take you all somewhere. Pack a light bag for you and they ok. Please just trust me. I swear you won’t regret it.”

What can I say? I am a sap for love. When I want to hate him I can’t. Things can be different now that I know that he couldn’t be the father of her baby. Plus all of that happened before me right?

“Ok.” I whispered.

He seemed to have let out a breath I didn’t know he was holding. He bent down and gave me a small kiss. I have really missed this. I missed his hugs.

He let me go and walked me back to my door while holding my hand. Once back inside he took a seat next to me.

“Logan thanks for sending Devin. He is a really nice guy.”

Devin turned to me and smiled, “So does this mean you guys are ok? Because I could use another drink.”

Just like that it seemed that everything was ok.

Unknown POV

That tramp had company. Not just any company but he was in there. I couldn’t just walk in there and slice her throat.

I hated the bitch. I have hated her for a long time. “She has messed up everything.” I said while turning to look at the revolver and the dagger sitting beside me.

My cell phone started to ring. “Where are you?”

“I am here but she has company, I am thinking about waiting here until everyone leaves but I really don’t want to sit here. Can I just come to your house?”

“No. I can’t risk anything. Just sit there and wait on him to leave because I know he is there. This has to be done right.”

“Ok. I will call you when it’s done.”

Just then I saw his driver make eye contact with me. He is ex-Marine so I know that this wouldn’t end well if I sit here any longer.

Just as he was about to get out of the car I started the engine and drove off. I’m more than sure that the bitch will be alone again. I will come back after they leave. She will pay. I will see to it.

Leigh’s POV

Logan’s phone must have been vibrating because he took it out of his pocket and started talking.

Rich people. I don’t know whether to love them or hate them. What love? I can’t be thinking about that right now.

I turned to Devin and his face turned another color as he and Logan made eye contact. Mel was in Mel’s own world as she took a sip of her Pina Colada and texted who I imagined was Daniel.

I have to admit I am so happy for her. He seemed like a good guy. Then again you have to be careful with ‘good guys’. I mean look at Chucky. It was written all over his clothes! Crazy psycho doll.

When Logan got off the phone he whispered something to Devin and he went into crazy, weird bodyguard mode.

He pulled out his gun and left without saying a word. Mel sat up slowly.

“What’s going on?” She said in a sober tone. Finally something has gotten her attention.

“Sweetie, I need to ask you a favor. Everything that I do is for a reason ok. I need for you to go pack some bags and come home with me tonight.”

Hmmmm... wonder who is the Unknown POV??