Chapter 17

First of all, thank you so much for 1K views, as a reward, I'm writing a Berica chapter. Second of all, this book just got 1st ranking in 'jawa'. I know it won't last, but I'm happy about it. Enjoy this chapter.

2 August

0330 hours

Erica's POV

Ben was pulling me to an unknown location because he wanted to show me something. 

Even though I wanted to go for a walk to cool off, I guess time with Ben was slightly more enjoyable, ok, a lot more enjoyable. But I won't ever admit this to anyone, not even my mom.

We stopped in front of a door and Ben let go of my hand to pull something out of his pocket. It was a blindfold. 

"Do you trust me?" He asked in a soft voice. I nodded and he slipped the blindfold over my eyes. 

After Joshua, I thought I could never trust anyone other than my mother and grandfather ever again. Turns out, I could add one person up on that list, Ben. I trusted him with my life and the life's of anyone in my family. This nerdy, awkward boy melted his way through my ice cold heart. His patience with me was infinite, and I loved him for it.

I heard him open the door and he once again put his hand in mine to lead me to... wherever he wanted to go. I gripped his hand tightly, reassured by his presence. 

He stopped after just a few steps, which made me stop too. 

"Get ready," he said.

I felt his hand leave mine once more as he slid off my blindfold. I looked around my surroundings and saw that we were on the roof of the building. 

"What did you want to sho....." I started to ask, before my breath caught at the spectacular view. The city was alive and full of light even during this ungodly hour. "Just like New York," I said. (Idk if they ever saw New York at night during ESS, but I have my reasons for writing this, just keep reading to find out)

He nodded. I turned to him, understanding why he wanted to let me see this. In our rogue mission, we had to go to New York. It was the first time for a lot of things in that mission. The first time Ben got mad at me, the first time our lips ever touched, the first time we almost died, and the first time I ever opened up to him. Also the time when you started falling for him, a part of my mind thought, and weirdly, I didn't shut it up this time. 

Even though it was dark up here on the roof, I could still see Ben's face perfectly because of the lights the city below us generated. I could see every part of him, he was wearing a stupid grin on his face because of my reaction. I smiled at him. 

Ben's POV

OMG. She just smiled at me. A legitimate wide and happy smile. I mean, sure she has smiled at me before, but this was the happiest I have ever seen her. I felt like I was going to explode from the intense heat building inside me. 

"Thank you for showing me this," she said, still smiling. I nodded because I didn't know what to say, I thought I had this whole thing planned out because of the conversation me and the boys had in our room.

~Flashback~

We just came in to the hotel room and shut the door after Erica kicking everyone out,  when Mike, Jawa and Chip suddenly surrounded me and started patting me on the back and congratulating me on something. "Good job bro," "God I wish that was me" "That's our boy!"

I looked at them confused, "What's going on?" I asked slowly, afraid that they have gotten a little crazy in the head. 

They glanced at each other in disbelief, "Do you seriously not see?" Mike asked.