Chapter 17: Dead Child's Play

Jeff's Pov
I woke up from the dream I had by Slender shaking me. My eyes rolled back to their original positions and I'm now fully awake. I put my arms down and turned my head, "What do you want?" I groaned.
Slender cleared his throat as he spoke, "Well I found out more information about this clown I suppose you saw". He reached into his suit's jacket pocket and pulled out a very old looking newspaper. It was yellow and some of the words were smeared.
Slender then opened the door to the cage. I quickly crawled out and stretched. I glared at Slenderman as I snatched the paper from his hand.

Slenderman's Pov
Jeff snatched the paper as he glared at me from the corner of his vision. I can't really blame him, he was stuffed into a small cage for something that he was "framed" for. Jeff's eye scanned the paper as he read. He looked at the smudged picture and tried to make out the image. He eyes lit up when he recognized the tall figure standing in the center.
Jeff turned to me and pointed to the picture, "Yep, that's the clown. Now do you believe me?". I took the paper from his hands and sighed, "Jeffery I can't believe you until I see this clown creature myself", I said calmly.
Jeff's face seemed to be in misbelief. He growled deeply, snatched the paper again, and threw it across the room. He turned back to me, "You fucking idiot! You live in a house full of fucking murders, video games monsters, and ghost, but you can't fucking believe that a demon clown exists?!", he yelled.
He basically shaking with anger at this point. I stood straight and raised my voice "Jeffrey you've made a huge mess of the mansion and you have attacked two fellow pastas, which ended up with one of them going to the medbay", I said. I got on one knee so I can be down at his level. "For all I know that could just be a weird murder clown story the humans made up to lure us out", I still couldn't fully trust Jeffery but he was very considerate of what he saw.
Jeff was so angry that he started to pull on his hair. He shoved pass me and started to walk back to the living room. I quickly ran up to catch up to him. Everyone who was in the living room turned around to look at us but Jeff didn't seem to care.
I grabbed Jeff by his arm, "Jeffery stop this nonsense, as I said I can't believe you until I see this clown for myself" , I said sternly. But Jeff wasn't having any of it as he shoved my hand away.

Jeff's Pov
  This stupid tall ass bastard doesn't believe a thing I say and God knows how everyone else thinks that of this weird 'tall clown nearly killing me' bullshit.
  Well if they aren't gonna believe me then I'm gonna show them myself. I turned around and glared "Fine, if you jackasses don't believe me then I'll make you!", I yelled before storming out of the mansion.

I need to find the carnival again.

Third Person POV
    Jeff stalked around the forest to find the,not so abandoned, carnival. Yet he was so enraged that he couldn't really see straight. He took a deep breath and leaned against a tree. He sighed, "Why is this happening? I've been in that mansion for three months and everyone already hates me", he said.
    He put his hand to his cheek again. When he removed his hand to look at it, there was no black mark. He shook his head. "Maybe I just need to calm down, then I'll search for the clown", he told himself. He turned and looked up the tree that he was leaning on. That should be a safe place to rest.
    He took hold of the nearest tree branch and started to climb. After a few slips and slipters he reached the top of the tree. There was a flat spot in the middle of the tree trunk, he sat there to prevent himself from falling. He laid back onto a branch.
   Jeff thought about the dream he had with the dead child talking to him about the clown. He couldn't understand the child's warning...that is until everything went black.

Jeff's Pov
   My vision blacked out and I was standing in the exact same place as I was in my dream. The same child was standing right in front of me. They still looked same but they were still cut in half. How are they still alive?
    The child was still humming and swaying from side to side. They opened their eyes and looked at me. They put their hand up "Hello, it's very nice of you to let me invade your thoughts again",they said while waving. Their right half walked closer to me,or more like hopped.
   Once they were closer they said, "Remember what I said about our eternal scars? This is what it's like", they whispered. They gestured the their other half of their body. Was that what the clown wants to do to me? I mean he already poisoned me but he revived me for some reason.
     The child's hand grabbed mine "I'll make you a deal,if you have a playdate with me then I'll help you out, deal?", they asked while putting their other half's hand out for me to shake. Should I do this? I cleared my throat "How exactly will you help me?", I asked.
     The child shrugged and replied, "With whatever you need. A person to kill, blood, way to get the others who live in that huge house to believe you, wood for a sacrifice, ect", they spoke as they said the third option pretty quickly.
     I have an idea. I nodded "Okay then, if I have a playdate with you, you'll take me to the clown and help the others believe me?", I asked for confirmation. The child smiled and said, "Absolutely, it's that simple", I glanced at their waiting hand. Great I'm now in the starting phase of my trap.
   I took a hold of their hand and shook it. The child started to giggle loudly and puffs of black smoke surrounded us. The smoke was so think I started to cough.
  After a bit, the smoke had cleared and I saw that I was still in the tree. I heard a small sound that kinda sounded like knocking. I looked down to see a small kid standing there and looking up at me. I yelled,"Who are you?".The kid smiled and said, "I'm Kuma, you made a deal to have a playdate with me", they waved up at me.
   I slowly climbed down from the tree and stared at the child. I guess they can change their physical appearance. What else can these kids do? The kid started to walk farther into the woods while I followed. It took a while before I spoke up, "So you can change the way you look? That's cool I guess", I said nervously.
    Kuma looked at me before laughing "This is just what I looked like before I died", they said. They were dressed in a plain purple shirt, a lavender skirt, white shoes, and had short hair.
     I looked down at Kuma "So what are we gonna do for this playdate?", I asked
Kuma just smiled, turned to me, and said, "It'll just be a simple game, so simple in fact that it's just child's play"

________________________________________
A/N:Happy Thanksgiving Everyone [If you're American] I hope you all have a lovely day!
________________________________________