Chapter 16: Hunt and The Fight (Part 2)

Slenderman's Pov
I looked through the newspaper and started tying together any type of information I could get and understand. So this clown person has a history of dismembering children and hanging them by their intestines in their own rooms. Jeff said that him and Nina were attacked by the same clown like figure a couple days ago.
  But Jeff and Nina are far older than the children who were murdered by this clown. So why would it go for them?
If Jeff is telling the truth about being attacked then where did he go when he left that morning? And why was he gone for so long if it wasn't him that really made the mess? This is a mystery I'm not gonna be able to solve without more evidence to connect the dots.
  I guess I'll need Jeff to lead me to this clown that is if he's actually telling the truth and the clown did attack him.

Jeff's Pov
  I'm getting very annoyed at being in this dumbass cage. These fools don't believe me and I can't convince them that I didn't do anything wrong here. I pulled my knees into my chest and laid my head in my arms. I hate this. My head hurts and I'm very tired.
  This cage is so small and I'm cramped and uncomfortable in it. Goddammit,I hate that they don't believe me and that I'm stuck here with nothing to do about it. I sighed, "This is stupid" I said to myself. I yawned
  I haven't slept in a while but I guess I did...die for a bit? I still can't wrap my head around what happened after the clown poisoned me. Why did he save me? Why would he poison me then call out my name to save me? This has been a weird time in my life right now.  I rubbed my cheek and looked at my hand.
  There was a black smudge left on my fingers. He kissed my cheek. But why? To make me feel better or to threaten me somehow? There is alot of thoughts going through my head but right now I'm too tried and angry to care. I put my hood up and nuzzled my face into my arms.
  Hopefully when I wake up I'll find a way put and to get back at that masked bitch. My body relaxed as my eyes rolled into the back of my head and I feel asleep.

In Jeff's dream
  My head was spinning and it hurt more than ever. I felt like my head was gonna explode that was until I saw something. There was what looked like a shadow of a person. I looked at my surroundings. The grass was grey and there was a faint sound playing but I can't tell from where it's coming from. It sounds like a type of lullaby or something you would sing to a young child.
  I looked at the floor again. The grass reminds me of the colorless field of grass under the tents at the carnival the clown took me to. I looked up and the shadow started swaying side to side. Then they started to sing along to the  faint,almost silent, song.
  I stood still and I saw that the figure is actually shorter than me, like alot shorter. The figure seems to be a child. The figure steps out of the dark and reveals themselves. The figure is indeed  a child. They're wearing bandages and clothes made out of random stitched up fabric. Their skin is grey just like the grass. Wait...no! not them again.
   I remember the grey children who caught me trying to escape the clown's carnival. They poked and laughed at me. Thier laughter still echos even as the song plays. But this child looks different from the others. This child has no eyes but has upside-down crosses in replace of their eyes.
   They had scratches littering their bodies and they had a holes where their stomach and heart are supposed to be. They sung along to the song while swaying.

All around the mulberry bush
The Monkey chased the Weasel
The Monkey thought t'was all in fun
Pop goes the weasel!

  I've heard this before from the music box. But why are they here when I'm sleeping? The child stopped singing but the melody continued. They walked slowly but surely towards me. I can't move nor can I look away. Why? "Why?" is the only question I have stuck in my mind. Just why?
  The child smiled and put their hand in mine. My breath quickened,fearful of what was next to come. The child then spoke.

"He thinks you're interesting. He wants to find out more about you...but he seems hesitant. I came to tell you something very important.
Don't make him lose interest. Cuz once he thinks the fun is over so will you. Or...do you want to be like me?
Stuck and unable to control yourself and being forced to live around the person who took your life away. No matter how many times you try to escape it, no matter how many times you try to die over and over again just to be stuck on square one but with an internal mark on your body to represent your failure.
Be careful boy. We all hate you and want to see you fail like the rest of us. But we atleast want to make it interesting for all of us.
You have been warned"

  The child's grip tightened
as they let out a loud shriek as they were ripped apart from the middle of their body. Their body fell to the ground but they weren't dead. They were still breathing and their black inked heart was still pulsing.
They grinned as they disappeared into a puff of black smoke and I was left alone.
  I felt something touch my shoulder and something in my ear. "Jeff you have to wake up". The voice wouldn't go away. "Wake up boy" "You need to wake up" "Jeff?". I can't do this. I can't shut out the sound. It's so loud yet so quiet. Please help.

Laughing Jack's Pov
   I chuckled as I saw Jeff tremble in his nightmare. This way it's easier for me to keep a close eye on him and not risk actually leaving my home. One of the dead children warned Jeff about something but I think I was about to shut them up before they said too much.
  Someone seems to be shaking Jeff to wake him up but he's too deep in thought to realize. I guess I'll help a bit but only because I think he has had enough of this haha. "Jeffy wake up~", I said while chuckling but he's still dreaming. The voice outside of Jeff's dream is getting louder.
    Jeff's dreams world is starting to fade so he must be waking up. It was fun playing with you Jeff.

Now I'll always know where to find you.

________________________________________
A/N: I'm alive! Sorry for the long hiatus. School started back and I was barley able to find time to write and brainstorm chapters. But I'm back and I'm getting more used to my classes so I hopefully have more time to write and update this story for you guys. Thanks for reading!
_________________________________________