Chapter 22 (unexpected)

Jay

It's another day of me coping up with a new brother. Honestly, Jake is really great to be with and he's also athletic making the two of us spend most of the time at the basketball court. Plus, from the weeks we have been together as a family to get to know each other, Jake has always been so comfortable to be with and I think I'm getting to like him as time passed by.

Also, he's a smart boy, I plan to train him in business if he wants to. But he is still firm on being a veterinarian. Trust me, Jake is a type to trust puppies more than humans.

And now, it is his birthday.

It is still new to me since this day is always with Jungwon but I guess he's also enjoying his new life with his new family.

Heeseung and I, we're still going strong and on our sixth anniversary, I plan to already make us legal. I mean, it's already time.

But I would be lying if I said I am 100% committed to it. I will be honest, Jungwon still some how pops out in my mind when I think of proposing.

I went into my office with my head filled with thoughts of what gift to get Jake.

He does like animals.

"Good morning Jay"

I then had an idea when I saw my assistant.

I remember when Sunghoon brought his dog here, Jake literally flipped and played with it for like forever. I mean, he even won't let the poor dog go even if it's time for Sunghoon to leave.

Sunghoon then had no choice but to stay longer than his working hours just so Jake could play with the dog more. Poor Jake was still sulky when we got home because Sunghoon had to go home.

Well that began the cycle of me requesting Sunghoon to bring his dog when Jake comes over to the office.

I indeed have a habit of spoiling haha.

"Sunghoon. . . I wonder, do you have a suggestion for a gift to give Jake? . . "

He looked confused at first before replying.

"Get him a dog or something. . . but I think not the same breed as Gaeul. . . do you want me to help you?"

"Yes please. .  I know nothing about dogs but you do .  .  get him a puppy. . what breed of dog is a smart one? .  . I leave it to you ok?. ."

He laughed at me but nodded anyways.

I enter my office as I immediately went back to work when I remember the folder Sunoo and Niki gave me the night Jungwon left the house. I haven't even opened it till this time as I have been busy dealing with emotions.

I am about to open it when my phone rings.

It's Jungwon.

I hesitated to answer the phone but I did. It's his birthday and I want to make sure he's enjoying it.

"Hey. . "

I heard a huge intake of breath from the other line before his cheerful voice came in.

"Hello Detective Park Jongseong. . aren't you gonna wish me, your Captain a happy birthday?. .. "

I laughed at his cute whine before I stood up and went to the frames in my office where we place photos.

"Sorry little Jungwon. . . Happy Birthday"

"I just called by the way because my parents decided we start a new life in another country. . we'll be leaving soon. . ."