Chapter 15 (What was that?)

Jay

When Jungwon ran out, I felt so mad to myself and I am so frustrated. I felt guilty, I basically cheated on my boyfriend.

"I'm sorry"

Heeseung said nothing making me nervous as I carefully held his hand. Good thing he didnt pull away but a tear fell from his eyes followed with a bitter smile.

"I can't believe. . . . why am I hated by fate so much?"

"Hey. . . I'm so sorry . . I didn't mean to do those things . . . Hee.  .  . don't say those things please"

He sat beside me making me face him. I'm feeling so nervous right now as never have I seen him this hurt before. Kissing Jungwon must have really hit him hard.

"Babe, what can I do to make it up to you? .  .  . "

"Let's forget this happened. . . and I don't want to take you away from your brother but Jay . . . this time, I want to be selfish and have you for myself. I am not saying you stay completely away from him because he's still your brother but know your limits. . . ."

I understood where he's coming from but the thought of not being able to do what I was used to with Jungwon made me uneasy. Because how can I do that?

"Heeseung. . . I . . I don't think that's possible "

"Jay . . . I was always threatened by your brother and this kiss was the last straw for me. . . I don't want to loose you Jay . . ."

I hugged him as I felt sorry and guilty at the same time. I didn't know he felt like that.

"I tried to brush it off Jay . . . Jungwon is his brother, I always say that to myself. . . but now, it hurts . . ."

"I know I made a mistake and I'm so sorry Hee. . . I just. . I promise, it won't happen again. I am so sorry. Please stay"

I love him and I can do anything for him but I'm scared that I can't do what he wants me to. I can't stay away from Jungwon, it will kill me. But if that is what it takes for Heeseung to stay I will try.

I have to talk to Jungwon, so we can settle this because I can't take my brother not talking to me or staying away from me.

______

Jungwon

I went home and ran into my room. I want to suddenly get away from him. Heeseung hyung has been so good to me and I don't want to hurt him and so as my brother.

I could get hurt. It's fine but definitely not me hurting my brother. I messed up when I kissed him.

After packing my bags, I wrote a note for my parents and brother that I will be leaving for some time to clear my mind.

I called a cab and drove to the train station. I don't know where I would be going but I am pretty sure it's somewhere I can relax and clear my mind from my brother.

When I reach Jeju, I went to check in a hotel to which I met a really handsome guy who helped me with my luggage up to my room. I gave him a good tip because he's just so nice and cute haha.

I turned off my phone when my brother starts to call me.

Evening came and I was currently seated in one of the huts as I watch the moon. The breeze is so calming and it made me forget at least what has happened.

"Hi"

I smiled at the guy I recognize works in the hotel.

"Are you ok? . . I notice how you're the only costumer today with a sad face. ."

"Oh I'm fine . . just some family something. ."

"Do you mind if I join you?"

I nodded as the guy sat in front of him.

"I'm Jaeyun by the way, but you can call me Jake. . . What's your name?"

"I'm Jungwon. . . Park"

He shook my hand with a smile on his face as we both look up at the moon.

"How long have you been working here?"

"Two years now. . . "

"are you done with school?"

"No. . I'm still studying. . I'm working for extra income . . ."

Speaking of school, I have classes tomorrow but I don't even know how to go there without encountering my brother. My phone has been dead for hours and I don't even know what is going on in there. I plan to open my phone at dawn where I'm sure, everyone in my contacts are asleep.

"How about you? Are you at school?"

'Yeah. . same as you. .. But I don't feel like going back. . ."

"Me too . . to be honest, I didnt just stayed here for work.  .  . I am also having issues with my family"

"Wow . . . cheers to that then haha"

We laughed as the breeze kept getting colder. I again remember those moments where hyung would pull me into his embrace to warm me up during cold seasons.

That night in the cave where he struggles to put the coat on me kept playing in my head. I felt so stupid. Because of what I did, I might not be able to feel his hugs again.

"Seems like you're really in deep thoughts there"

"It is just. . . I fell in love with my brother. . .and I don't even know how is that possible"

He looked shocked and I won't blame him because this is really insane.

"Wow . . I didnt expect such story. . is it why you're here?"

"Yeah. . . . I can't face him after kissing him and hurting his relationship with his boyfriend"

He smiled as he took a sip of his drink I didn't notice he's holding.

"But did you ever wonder if he also doesn't want to see you? We never know, he might be looking for you now"

I shook my head as I just laughed.

"he will be fine. . ."

"You know, I have experienced that before . . . when I found out I was adopted, I ran away and thought no one cared but they did. . they searched for me . . and now I am doing my best to at least make it up to them . . recently, I found out that my parents found their real son and that's when I didn't go back home . . so we never know, your parents and brother could be looking for you"

"Wow . . . I never thought you had such life . . . but wait, how are you sure it is their son? ..  I mean that son could not be the one right?"

"No. . he looks like Daniel a lot. . . you can say he's the real twin brother not me.  . I mean, we have nothing in common. We don't even look alike"

That's incredible.

I mean, his twin brother could really resemble him.

"But they found their son. . their problem is that they can't approach him because his life is great"

Unknown to Jungwon, Jake is actually talking about him. From the moment Jungwon stepped in the hotel, Jake already knew he is the real son of his parents. He is Daniel's twin brother and he is the one his parents have been searching for.

It hurts him but he can only imagine how much it could hurt Jungwon, the family he grew up in and of course his brother, Park Jongseong.

Yes, Jungwon is not Jay's real brother and yes, Jake knew it but he just wants to know how Jungwon is around people. . . he can't risk his brother, Daniel to be siblings with an idiot.

Luckily for him, Jungwon is a sweetheart.

____________________________