Chapter 17 (It's you)

Jungwon

I missed him, so bad.

The moment I hugged him makes my heart flutter again but I don't mind it. I feel well again after he hugged me. I thought he would be mad at me.

But who are these people anyway? What are they doing in our house?

"Jungwon honey, I'm glad you came back. . I was so worried"

"I'm sorry mom . . I'll never do it again. . ."

We all sat down facing those mysterious people in front of us. Why is Jake here tho? . . .

And why does that dude look a little like me? No he almost look like me.

And why are these people staring at me with teary eyes? What did I do to them anyway?

"Mr. Park, thank you for allowing us this opportunity"

The man unknown said and my dad just wiped his tear and smiled.

"I also want to make sure and to finish this"

We all look at each other before dad placed an envelope in front of us and the other dad of the othet family did the same. I suddenly felt so nervous in this set up is so scary and it is as if it has something to do with an exchange.

Dad held mom's hand tightly before opening the envelope first. He open the envelope that was given to him by the other family.

With trembling hands, and teary eyes, mom breaks down making us confused.

Jay hyung snatched the paper from dad's hands even after dad warned him not to and began to read through it.

"Ah . . .this is a DNA test result . . . Dad and . . Yang Jaeyun?  . . . 99% matched, who's Jaeyun?"

Jake hyung answered making me shocked.

Why and how is Jake hyung matched with dad unless he's dad's son?

One of the boys from the other family also took the folder and the same reaction only for them, they're happy.

Jay hyung without permission again took the papers and look at it and that's when his expression totally changed. He's shaking and tearing up.

"Why is Jungwon matched 99% with Mr. Yang? . . why?"

Me? . .  how?

I grab the paper and indeed, it is a DNA test result with my name on it and Mr. Yang's name. If this is matched, I'm his son? Then am I adopted in this household?

The other paper contain Jake hyung's result and he is the one matched with dad. Is he the real son and not me?

What on Earth happened? How is this even possible? Why?

I can't help my tears from falling on my face as I took in the reality that slapped me across the face.

I'm not Jay hyung's brother. I am not their son. I don't deserve my surname.

"No. . .. Jungwon is my brother and. . .this . .  "

Jay hyung tried to protest but he wasn't able to do so as he collapsed on the floor.

We're a mess and the other family is just there as if they knew it all this time.

"How did this happen? . . did you know this all this time? . ."

The mother stood up as she began to pick up the papers on the floor.

Immediately I ran to Jay hyung before burying my face on his chest like how I used to when I'm scared. I felt his arm wrap themselves around me as I sob on his shirt.

"Did our babies perhaps . . . get exchanged? . . "

I heard mom spoke and Mr. Yang responded a yes.

"Our baby, Daniel was with his twin when they enter the nursery. . but they bumped into another nurse also delivering a baby in the nursery. . . the strollers they're in got mixed up and instead, your baby was placed beside ours . . ."

"How did you find this out?"

I asked as I look at them. Twins they say, I can tell now why I resemble the Daniel guy.

"Jake was once hospitalized because of some disease he got when a mosquito bit him. . he needs blood but none of us matched him and the doctor said it is impossible and so as us . . . then our family doctor ran a DNA test for us and he . . he came back negative.  .  that's when we found out he's not ours. . . Jake here was heartbroken when he found out . . . so we went back to the hospital to sought the records on that day. . we saw your baby's name on the list and the nurse, we met with her again and she confirmed that she is wheeling baby Park into the nursery. . . . when we found you Jungwon, we tried to talk to you or approach you but we are scared."

"Then it is you whom our friend found snooping around his room. . . and you're the one who called me in my office .  .and you're the one at the beach . . ."

Jay hyung replied and they nodded.

With that new information, I felt his hold tighten around me.

"You're not going anywhere Wonie. . "

He whispered in my ear as I slowly nod. I know I'm not their son but, I don't want to stay away from Jay hyung.

"But why are you saying this just now? Why do you have to stalk the boys?"

Dad asked and they just look down.

"We're scared. . . Jungwon might not like us and such . . "

They replied but everyone was shocked when Jay hyung spoke.

"You seem to only care about Jungwon, have you considered Jaeyun's feelings too? . . "

Jake hyung just laughed before speaking up.

.

"We also found out recently. . . I'm afraid it's too late as we both are attached now but what I'm saying is that, . . . We don't aim for immediate swap. . but we believe you have the right to know the truth"

He has a point. It doesn't mean that I will go with them immediately but is it good for me that he's not really my brother?

Mom slowly stood up in tears as she approached Jake hyung. Slowly, she took his hand and stared at his face.

"Goodness. . .you look like my father. ."

She let out a tearful laugh before turning to dad and to us.

"You're right. . I can see it now. . o goodness I cannot unsee it anymore. . "

Slowly, I detach myself from hyung as I look at him.

"Don't worry, you can always come back to me . . "

I stood up and notice how my biological parents are just looking at me as if contemplating whether or not to approach me.

"Hello. . ."

When I said that, Daniel immediately ran to me and squeezed me in a hug. It felt so nice.

"Nice to meet you hyung"

"Hyung?"

"Jungwon. . you're older by 5 minutes that's why"

I let out a laugh.

What a change. I grew up with an older brother who's 5 years ahead of me to now. I'm a hyung with a younger brother 5 minutes after me. This is insane. I feel like this is a movie scene.

"Can we hug you?"

I nodded and they hugged me at the same time as I heard my biological mother sob.

Well this is a reunion.

What will now happen next?
____________________________