Chapter 24 (truth)

Jay

I woke up the next morning with Jungwon safely cuddled beside me. Goodness, I almost lost him.

After the confrontation with his parents, I didnt bother to get back his stuff from the house and I just drag him with me back home. Forgetting how today is his and Jake's birthday made me feel guilty for Jake.

Wait, Jake. .

I immediately left my bed as I went to his room and found him cuddled with a puppy.

Thank you Sunghoon.

I want to beat myself up for not attending Jake's birthday party. But at the same time I also want to pat myself at the back for saving Jungwon on time.

Just then, I felt my phone vibrate and when I saw Hee's name, I immediately answered it.

"Hi . . good morning"

"Good morning babe. . how have you been? . . I didn't see you at Jake's birthday party last night "

"Oh . . about that, it's just that Jungwon needed help that time so I went to him. . "

"You're really amazing babe . . but can I have some of your time today? . . I just want to be with you"

"Have you been crying Hee?"

He stayed quiet before a small yes was heard.

My heartbeat picked up its pace when I heard a loud thud and the sound of fallen objects.

I immediately wrote a note for Jungwon and get dressed before driving to his house. His phone is still in dial and I can't hear anything making me speed up.

Please be alright.

When I reached his house I tried to open the door but it was locked from the inside. I knocked but no one answered the door.

"Heeseung . . . babe please wait for me. .  "

I called out to him as I ran around the house to look for other entrance.

I then saw the window but it was sealed shut.

His house is a simple bungalow so the only entrance are the windows and the front door.

"Baby, stay away from the windows please"

I smashed one of the windows before opening the lock from the inside. His neighbors are already looking at me and I just let them do their thing. just like the old lady who is currently calling a police to report a break in.

Yes do that, an ambulance too if you must.

"Call an ambulance quick!!"

I shouted at one of the neighbors who stepped out their house and lucky for me, he immediately dialed the emergency number.

"Heeseung!"

He's laying unconscious on the ground with his phone on the floor. I checked his breathing and thankfully there is still pulse from his wrist.

"Hey ..  Can you hear me.? Heeseung. . ?  . ."

I can't help my tears from falling as I carried him outside his house. The moment I stepped outside, the ambulance already arrived and readied the stretcher.

I went inside as they place the oxygen mask on his face.

"What happened?"

"He fainted . . he had lung cancer. . . "