Chapter 10 (Who are you?)

Jay

Wonie has been acting weird lately and I'm starting to worry. Is he alright?

When I left, I didn't fail to see the tear that fell from his eyes to his pretty cheeks. For hours, I have been thinking, what could be the matter?

Is it those boys who bully him?

I swear to God if I ever cross paths with them, they won't live to tell the story of how I will give them a taste of their own medicine.

But of course that was a joke

Also, I don't think the reason of his sad expression, I felt that it is something else more than just his bullies. It seems that it is something related to me.

I sat on my table as I work on the paperworks my father gave me.

After I think a few hours of working, I decided I should call Jungwon to check on him.

"Wonie? . . are you there?"

"Hi hyung. . what's with the call?"

I chuckled at his reply as I can already  imagine his puffed cheek as he chew on whatever food Sunoo gave him as he spoke.

"What are you having right now? . . lunch just happen"

He swallowed before he let out a small laugh.

"Well, Sunoo got hungry .  .  . and he asked Niki to buy some food and he got us some macaroons and ice cream"

"Slow down ok? . .  you wouldn't want to upset your stomach . . . "

"I will . . . 'Jungwon . .  eat more food. . your cheeks are shrinking, I can't pinch them anymore' well I guess I will keep eating. . ice cream is amazing during hot weather. . "

"Sunoo has a point tho. . . anyway, I have to go now . . take care ok? I will stop by later . . and maybe you will get discharged. . "

"Yay ok hyung . . see you! Work well, I love you"

"I love you too Wonie. . "

I hung up before I continue my work before beeping my assistant/secretary.

"Sir? How can I help you?"

"Get me some coffee from the coffee shop in front please. . . and grab something for you to eat .  ."

He smiled as he left and I am again back to paperwork.

Just then, my office phone rang.

"Yes?"

Ok I'm still working on my greeting people on the phone.

"Uhm hey. .. . is this perhaps P-Park Jongseong?"

That's odd, why is he stuttering? I mean, I usually receive calls from people who seem to have tons of confidence.

"Yes, speaking. May I know who this is?"

"Uh . . . actually uhm . . I . . --"

The line immediately was cut short and I don't know why I am suddenly feeling nervous over a mysterious caller.

Then I heard a knock on my door.

"Sir, I have your coffee"

My assistant enters the room and place my coffee on the table.

"Hey, could you do me a favor?"

He nodded as I wrote the caller's number from a while ago on a sticky note and handed it to him.