XXII

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from them ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

It's a long chapter

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================

***

Seokkyung shifted her body in the audience seats at the hearing of Minhyuk. It's been almost half an hour, but this hearing was still turning back to back on Minhyuk and his family who denied the accusation, against the school who insisted that Minhyuk did it. She then turned to her mother who was sitting next to her. Her mother had not commented on anything since it started, she didn't join in accusing Minhyuk but also didn't defend Minhyuk. She paid more attention to the people who were present at the hearing as if she was reading the situation that was going on than wanted to know the result of this hearing.

Seokkyung recalled the words of her brother and Rona who thought it wasn't Minhyuk who did it. She still questioned why he and his girlfriend were so sure that Minhyuk wasn't the culprit. And now that she saw what's going on in this hearing, she slowly understood why they had such thoughts. The school wanted to get Minhyuk and Jeni out, at least that's what she caught from Minhyuk's grandfather's words.

"How many times have I told you, there is no evidence so there is no reason to kick out my grandson!"

"The evidence that Lee Minhyuk was seen approaching Rona's table before that second terror was enough." Cheon Seoyoung who is the half-sister of the former director of the Cheong A foundation, Cheon Seojin, replied to Minhyuk's grandfather.

"After all, you have heard, there are students who heard and saw that Lee Minhyuk threatened to kill Bae Rona outside the music room."

Seokkyung was bewildered hearing it, Minhyuk's words outside the music room didn't seem to fall into the category of threatening to kill Rona. He was just bluffing, not threatening Rona.

"I TOLD YOU IT'S NOT TRUE! Trust me, grandpa! I'm not threatening Rona." Seokkyung saw Minhyuk trying to convince his grandfather.

"Then what did you say to her?" Cheon Seoyoung asked Minhyuk but Minhyuk was silent.

"Earlier you also said that, but you didn't answer it either."

"Minhyuk-ah, just tell us what you said before! I want this to finish quickly." Minhyuk's grandmother looked annoyed with her grandson's behaviour making Minhyuk look like he doesn't have any other option than to answer it.

"I… I said that Rona's hero-complex behaviour makes me sick, be careful it can get you killed." Seokkyung smirked to hear Minhyuk stammer from nervousness.

Both Minhyuk's grandparents gaped at Minhyuk in silence. His grandmother widened her eyes in surprise and disappointment while her grandfather glared at Minhyuk with a poker face, but Seokkyung saw his hands clenched in a sign of disappointment from him.

"Lee Minhyuk, you!" His grandfather then raised his hand as if he wanted to hit his grandson who became frightened with his action.

"But that, but that doesn't mean I expect her to be killed, let alone want to kill her. No! It's just me bluffing. Trust me." Minhyuk pleaded frantically to his grandmother who was holding his head as she tried to protect her grandson from her husband's wrath.

"Shut up, Lee Minhyuk!" His grandfather's firm voice startled Minhyuk.

"Although you said you're just bluffing, we can't confirm that you're lying or not right now. But it still proved that there was like a special intention that you wanted to harm Bae Rona." Cheon Seoyoung still stood up for her opinion.