XXXIV

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from them ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================

***

Rona was silently sitting with secretary Hong in the car. Seokhoon forced her to be in the car with secretary Hong after lunch. Seokhoon and Ms Shim have found the culprit of the terror targeting her and asked for a trial at the school before deciding whether the culprit will be sent to the police or not. Rona looked at the school from inside her former teacher's black car.

"Is it still going on?" Rona asked secretary Hong who seemed to be listening to the trial from his headset.

"They're still discussing it."  Mr  Hong's answer is short.

Before, Rona had also listened to the trial through the speakerphone in the car. But over time, she got tired. Somehow Rona felt tired of everything. So she said to Mr Hong that she had better not listen to it. Rona could only stare blankly at the school. The school that always gave her hell. Rona didn't expect that the real culprit behind the terror aimed at her was her own teacher. She knew that her teacher hated her so much but she didn't think he would go that far.

"Looks like they're going to remove Mr Ma from his post." Mr Hong looked back at where Rona was. Rona just smiled wryly hearing that.

Finally! That was what Rona first thought after hearing the news. Mr Ma should have been fired long ago, somehow the new director Cheong A still kept him.

"Mr Ma argued that he did it because of Ms Cheon Seoyoung's order, he just wanted to threaten you, not intend to kill you. He was at the time near the staff toilet and ready to help you. The scenario was he will save you as soon as you are hanged but Joo Seokhoon has rushed to help."

Rona looked at Mr Hong carefully, before looking at the school.

"I don't even remember what happened then. But I certainly felt that I was on the verge of death. Tch." Rona chuckled while still looking at her school. Hear the funny reason Mr Ma made her wonder about the cost of her life. After she was almost killed by her boyfriend's father with the reason to make her boyfriend's sister get the daesang, now she is used as bait to get Minhyuk expelled by the school. How could people easily play with her life? Rona leaned her head back and closed her eyes. She was tired of everyone who thought her life was worthless. Doesn't she deserve to live? Is she so sinful that God never stops giving her suffering?

The atmosphere in Logan's car was quiet again. Mr Hong seemed to prefer not to tell what was going on with the trials after seeing and hearing her reaction earlier. Rona still closed her eyes, she wanted to forget everything including the bad dreams that always haunted her.

"Rona-yang." The honorific that used to mention a girl made Rona open her eyes. She saw Mr Hong was looking at her after smiling. He gave his phone to Rona. Rona saw the phone on the screen with Logan Lee's face waving at her, she smiled seeing her teacher video call her.

"Ssaem!" Rona, who was used to calling Logan Lee by a nickname when he was still disguised as Gu Hodong, waved back at him.

"Hey, little girl. How are you?"

Rona's smile widened when she heard Logan call her 'little girl'.

"As you can see, I'm fine." Rona was still smiling broadly as she answered her question.

"It's okay if you're not okay." Logan's words made Rona's smile disappear from her face.

"I'm really fine." Rona tried to convince Logan.