XIV

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from them ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================

***

Rona was done preparing herself to go to school, but as usual, she will go to the penthouse first to have breakfast with the Shim family. She stood at the door of her room, sighed. When she passed her living room, she looked again at her couch thinking about Seokhoon. He's already gone when she opened the door of her room when she woke up, which made her relieved a little because she didn't have to face Seokhoon in the morning right after she woke up. Rona didn't understand her fear of facing Seokhoon, whether it's because she's annoyed with Seokhoon for his overprotective attitude or feels guilty because, in the end, she knew the reason why Seokhoon did all this: Seokhoon feels too sorry for all of the things he had done (or things he had not done) for her before the accident happened or when she lived as the daughter of a fugitive.

She then looked at the wall clock in the dining room. She didn't have a choice besides overcoming her fear of meeting him. Rona went out of her apartment with every step from her bedroom to her apartment door praying that this time, breakfast wouldn't be as awkward as dinner last night. After closing the door, she was surprised to see Seokhoon standing, leaning against the wall beside her apartment door.

"Morning." Rona saw the boy she was just thinking of, smiled and greeted her. His favourite black backpack hangs over one shoulder. The dark brown leather jacket that Rona had once praised as a nice jacket on his body, he put it on his left arm while holding a light yellow goodie bag. He mixed his school uniform with a soft beige sweater vest on it. Rona admits that she always admires her boyfriend's appearance. It is undeniable that the one that attracted her to Seokhoon for the first time was his figure. At that time when they had just met, Rona felt for the first time that there's a handsome boy helping her and being nice to her.

"Morning." Rona lowered her head after greeting him back, she stared at her own shoes trying to avoid Seokhoon's eyes. Her fear of the awkwardness that would come when she met her boyfriend started to emerge in her body and mind.

"We're going to school together. Is it okay?" Seokhoon's question made Rona now braced herself into staring at Seokhoon's smiling face.

"Okay." Rona replied with a nod even though she was confused because they were going to have breakfast at his home first. Why did Seokhoon need to say that he wanted them to go to school together right away when she came out from her apartment?

Rona's question was answered when she saw Seokhoon pressing the button for the parking lot floor instead of his penthouse floor. She then looked at Seokhoon questioningly.

"We will have breakfast at school. My mom has prepared it for us." Seokhoon showed the yellow goodie bag that he had been holding earlier to her.

"Why?" Rona didn't understand his plan.

"I just wanted to." Seokhoon replied briefly, Rona was still looking at her boyfriend. She knew that was not the reason. But Rona didn't have an intention to question him further.

"You may think that I did this because of my protective attitude. Yes, although that also has a bit of a point because we can prevent the culprit from committing terror to you. But the real reason is because I wanted to spend the time with you. I miss the times we talked, chit-chatting, and told each other about many things. That's all."

Rona stared at the boy who was leaning against the elevator wall beside her. Seokhoon looked blankly at the elevator door in front of him.

Rona just nodded as a sign that she understood even though she knew Seokhoon didn't see her. However, Rona guessed he knew her answer because of Rona's silence after he said that. And to be honest Rona missed spending time together with him too.

***

Rona hugged her boyfriend's waist as she sat behind him on his bike. She put her cheeks covered with a helmet on the back of the boy who was currently riding his motorbike. Rona smiled, apparently, she missed this too. The quarrel that occurred between them only because of disagreements about Seokhoon's overprotective attitude made her miss this the most. Her smile disappeared when she remembered her nightmare. The nightmare of seeing Seokhoon get hurt because of her. Not only was Seokhoon worried for her safety, Rona felt the same way, she was worried about Seokhoon's safety. She was afraid because him being too worried about her and to protect her, Seokhoon didn't protect himself.  Rona closed her eyes for a moment, she had to share her worries too. Maybe it was the time she need to tell that to Seokhoon.

"Seokhoon-ah." Rona called her boyfriend who was still focused on riding his motorbike. She saw Seokhoon turn at her briefly before looking forward again.

"What if we're not going to school, can you take me somewhere first?" Rona asked again, she saw her boyfriend nodded while still looking forward.

"Can you take me to where I was used to be buried?" Rona mentioned her destination which made Seokhoon's head flinch in surprise.  He then pulled his motorbike aside and stopped at the side of the road. After stopping the motorbike, he turned to her. She knew that under his helmet, Seokhoon must have an expression of disbelief after hearing her request.

"Rona-ya?" Seokhoon opened his helmet glass before asking her. She understood her boyfriend's confusion. But that was exactly the place she wanted to go for now. The place where Seokhoon always spent his days after her 'death'. 

"Ask the question later when we get there. I promise I'll tell you why." That's all Rona could say. She saw her boyfriend was silent for a moment before finally restarting the motorbike and they started to leave to their destination.

***

================================

Thank you for reading my fic and giving me votes and lovely comments. I truly appreciate your support.
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤