Epilog

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from them ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

And here's the Epilog 。◕‿◕。

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================

***

Rona waited impatiently, her fingers fiddling with the edge of her blouse. Her eyes scanned her surroundings, reading the writings on the poster hanging on the wall where she was waiting for her mother. The sound of the door opening caused her to turn her gaze on the poster to the open door, her mother's figure visible from behind the open door. She stood up and smiled.

"Omma!"

"My daughter." A smile also appeared on her mother's face when she saw her. She walked over to her and sat in front of her which was divided by a tall transparent separator.

"Are you okay here?" She instantly asked as her mother sat across from her.

"Of course, the warden here likes me." Her mother gave her the smile she missed.

"Thank goodness, you don't have to worry about me. Ms Shim and Logan Lee always take care of me." She saw a mischievous smile plastered on her face after she said those words.

"But not Joo Seokhoon? That kid, he once promised me to look after and protect you but he didn't do it?" She snorted when she saw that playful smile her mother gave her.

"Tch, I don't know what made you two so close to being able to trust each other." She saw that annoying smile on her mother's face disappear after she said what she said earlier. The smile on her mother's face now turned into a small bitter smile and she lowered her head.

"When you … you know … weren't around, Seokhoon and I saw each other often, he once helped me escape before his father saw me. I also tried to help him to meet his biological mother who turned out to be Suryeon eonnie in disguise. So you could say that because we lost the same precious person, Seokhoon and I became close."

"Omma …"

"But fortunately, that precious person is still alive." Her mother lifted her head and smiled back at her. But Rona could see her mother's eyes were teary.

"All thanks to Seokhoon's mother who saved me."

"And I never stop thanking her. I am very indebted to her."

"That's why you have to be good in prison so you can get a reduced term and come out and repay all the debts." She tried to tell a joke to her mother.

"That's right, especially since my debt has increased because of what just happened to you."

Rona soon widened her eyes in surprise because she didn't think her mother knew about what happened to her.

"Omma… you already know?" She tilted her head to the side a little and asked doubtfully.

"Of course I know! It's about my own daughter. Don't tell me you didn't want to tell me about the incident?"

"Omma!! What do you think I'm here for? I was just about to tell you." She defended herself.

"So you're not here because you miss me but just want to make my heart jump out because of the bad news you want to say?"

"It is not like that! I'm here because I miss you too. You forgot that I'm still in school, how could I be here on a school day?" She didn't intend to act stubborn and fight with her mother, it's just like a bad habit to always talking back to her mother. But deep inside, she missed fighting with her mother like now, longed for the time when they fought each other stubbornly.