XIX

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from them ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================

***

Seokhoon flinched his head up and stopped his trash-picking activities at the garbage dump behind his school. His mind recognizing Rona's voice was calling him. Narrowing his eyes, he then looked right and left looking for the figure of his small girlfriend. The sound of the phone's vibrating in his pocket made him stopped looking around for a moment. His sister's name appeared on the screen of his phone before he picked up while continue looking around looking for Rona. He was so sure she heard Rona's voice called him earlier.

"Oppa! Rona had disappeared." What Seokkyung just said made him almost drop the phone. With no time to think, he started to walk to the school.

"What do you mean?" The colour drained out of his face, worries and fears started to emerge in him.

"She got a message from Mr Jung earlier to meet him in front of the gym. But soon after she left, Mr Jung came into the classroom looking for his lost phone. And I can't contact her. My calls aren't getting picked up. That's why I called you straight away. I'm now walking towards the gym." Seokkyung's panicked voice rang out from the other side of the call.

"I'll also head there now." Seokhoon hung up the phone. He was now running towards the gym.

'I hope she's okay. I hope she's safe. God please, I'm begging you. Please protect Rona.' Seokhoon kept saying his prayers silently. To be honest, he wasn't a religious person but right now he was so scared that there was no other way but to pray to the highest power. While running he tried to contact Rona by constantly calling her. But it was always not being picked up.

Seokhoon ran so fast that in the flash of a minute he already arrived in front of the gym and entered it. His eyes scoured every corner looking for a glimmer of clues to his girlfriend's whereabouts.

"RONA!!" He called his girlfriend's name.

"RONA ANSWER ME!!" Seokhoon raised his voice even more while searching the gym to find her.

After he was sure Rona was not there, he came out of the gym. From the side, he saw his twin sister running towards him.

"OPPA?" A worried expression had appeared on his sister's face.

"When I told Mr Jung earlier that Rona was looking for him and he indeed never contacted Rona. He then helped me to find her, he said he would look for Rona too in some place of the school."

Seokhoon lowered his head for a moment before he continued his search, and as if he remembered something he turned to his sister.

"You try asking permission to look at CCTV. After that, try looking around at the music room." Seokhoon told her who nodded after, understood his instruction.

"Oh, I made Rona carry a taser gun. Hopefully, it'll help her." Seokkyung told him before leaving.

Seokhoon tried to lower his worries after hearing that. He's hoping that Rona will use it. He truly hoped she uses it because it is the only hope for him. A hope for another which is a hope that he won't lose Rona for a second time.

His feelings were now mixed, panic and worry on the one hand but on the other hand he tried to think positively that his girlfriend is fine. But that was before he got a glimpse of something like a taser gun lying on the floor near the flower pot which was not far from the toilet that the staff used to use. He then went to the flower pot to check it. And sure enough, it was a taser gun which should be guessed as Rona's because there was no other possibility that someone else would bring it to school like that. His heart began to pound harder, tears started welling up in his eyes. His fear flashed in his eyes.

"Rona." He whispered as he took it.

"RONA!!!" He then shouted even louder, his eyes staring at every corner, not only trying to find her but also to find any clue for his search. He stopped wandering and saw the staff toilet causing him to try his luck to check in there as he walked quickly towards it.

Shortly after he called out Rona's name and approached the toilet, he heard a sound from inside. He ran into it.

"RONA!" Seokhoon entered with a wish that he found Rona. His wish was actually fulfilled and he found Rona, but what he saw was far from his expectations. What he saw terrified him. His eyes burned with anger, his jaw tightened, and his hands squeezed into fists.

Rona was unconscious hanging with a cloth on one of the shower handles, someone was under her and holding Rona's lower body. The person who was dressed all in black, with a beanie hat that nearly closed the eyes and a face partially covered by a black mask was silently looking at him.

Seokhoon could no longer hold back his anger, he stormed towards the person and attacked him, giving him a punch right on his face. Because the ties were not tied properly, Rona's body fell to the floor, although the cloth was still wrapped around Rona's neck. Seokhoon managed to land a punch on the person's head again, causing the person to be knocked to the side. He then remembered the taser gun he had just found, he tried to strike the person with it but the attacker's hand managed to hold him back. With great effort, he managed to give a quick shock and the attacker stopped struggling. He wanted to make him more unconscious but he knew there was something more important. At least the attacker didn't make any meaningful moves. Seokhoon's priority now is to help Rona so he tried to untie the cloth that wrapped Rona's neck. As he managed to untie the cloth that was wrapped around Rona's neck, he laid her down and checked her breath and heartbeat. Even though he couldn't seem to feel Rona's breathing, he could feel Rona's heartbeat, a weak one though.

"Rona! Wake up!" Seokhoon tried to wake her by trying to make her breathing again. As he was doing CPR, he felt the person behind him trying to move outside.

Seokhoon saw that and stopped his CPR and managed to grab the attacker's right foot. But what he didn't expect was that the attacker grabbed a floor cleaner that was lying not far from his reach and hit his head, making Seokhoon let go of his grip. Rona's attacker finally managed to escape after Seokhoon couldn't do anything as he felt dizzy at the blow caused by the attacker. Seokhoon blinked his eyes, tried to stay conscious when he realized Rona's body still lying motionless.

"Rona-ya." Seokhoon crawled to her and called his girlfriend's name. He touched her neck to check again her pulse and put his face closer to hers to check her breathing. After feeling relieved because now he could feel her breath again, he then lifted Rona's tiny body and tried to carry it on his back. He caught a red mark on her neck from a cloth that wrapped around her neck, making him feel sick.

Seokhoon ran outside, although he was still in a dizzy state after getting hit earlier. While continuing to call out Rona's name who was still unconscious, he rushed to the medical room. Not long after he ran with Rona on his back, he met his sister and Mr Jung. Right after they met them, Seokhoon's view began to blur and he felt his body fall to the side.

"OPPA!" He heard his sister's scream.

***

================================

Thank you for reading my fic and giving me votes and lovely comments. I truly appreciate your support.
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤